Monday, April 22, 2013

Disneyworld Day 2!!!

Day 2 is off to a brighter start and everyone is awake and hungry, ready to meet Cinderella and have a little breakfast. The girls had chosen (against what mom was thinking which were the beautiful dresses I had brought for them to wear) to dress in their princess dresses for the Royal meal.  I must say I guess I am getting old cause I didn't even put up a fight and looking back I can see in all the pictures how beautiful they (well at least Addie and oddly enough Brit never complained and wore it from dawn til dusk that day so she must have felt the same way or I'm sure I would have heard about it) in their matching princess dresses. I'm so glad I gave in because they looked precious!

We had several professionals that were around take some pictures but I haven't gotten around to purchasing those (I wonder why, maybe cause they are not what you would call cheap) that turned out a little better than ours in some cases but still glad to get some family pictures in too.
As soon as we entered into Cinderella's castle she was waiting to greet us.  The girls both got so excited and couldn't wait to give her a hug.  See I told you little Brit came around she loved all the princesses as much as big sister does.  She just seemed to love holding their hand and talking to them.  After the picture Cinderella showed us to her royal table and we sat to have a fabulous breakfast of pastry trays on the tables and the most wonderful apple cinnamon french toast I have ever had!! 

The girls trying to be very proper because of course the princesses were watching..
and sure enough we looked up and there was Ariel.  She was so pretty and asked the girls all about their journey to meet her.
Next was Snow White, she was so pretty also and spoke so quietly and sweetly that she had the girls mesmerized as they spoke to her...
Aurora "Sleeping Beauty" was really happy and seemed to enjoy asking the girls about where they were from and if they were enjoying their visit.
Lastly, Jasmine stopped by and talked to them about how excited she was to be able to be there to meet them and how she had traveled so far to be able to do so.
Luckily, after all the princesses had stopped to visit it was time to eat!! I personally had been waiting for this moment because that was some of the best breakfast food I have had in a long time.  Nothing against the princesses but momma was hungry.  When out of no where our waiter appears and starts to say by "royal decree" he is  here to present the birthday girl with her royal cupcake.  Well, AB looks straight at me, I guess she has come to expect that her crazy mom is just that crazy to orchestrate a moment like that just for the camera, but I can honestly (and she still to this day does not believe me) had nothing to do with that or the mix up but the girls did enjoy some great cupcakes after the embarrassment/shock had worn off AB!

As we left the castle guess who we just so happened to run into?? No other than the wicked step-sisters and mom.  They were a hoot!!  i must say the most impressive thing I saw about each character was their ability to play the part right down to the accent and gestures.  Well, they had Brit a little freaked out and Addie Blaire just kinda stood there and stared at them as they went on and on!  i don't think she knew what to think about them.  Funny though, as I was standing there waiting my shoe came untied and they just started screaming "oh no, not another blond that is going to lose her shoe, we all know how that turned out for us!" It was really a scream and Addie couldn't quit laughing!  I must say it even embarrassed me a little and that is saying alot!

We had promised cousin Lila that if we saw no one else we would make sure we found Mary Poppin's (her favorite movie) and so we made sure that Lila got a copy to keep.
A few minutes later it was time for our turn at the Bippity Boppity Boutique.  Addie sat right down ready for the makeover into the princess she was to become... however, she wasn't crazy about all the preparation that took place.  I actually saw her tear up a few times as fairy godmother continued to get all the tangles out of her hair to where it was slicked back with more product then I use.  There were three hairstyles to choose from (none of which I was particularly fond of) but Addie Blaire chose the long flowing blond hair with butterflies.
She even had fairy godmother place the crown I had bought her on top of her hair when she was done.  She looked precious but I could tell she wasn't really feeling it...
She packed us up with nail polish and lipstick for the rest of the trip and we were ready for the final reveal...
She looked so adorable but I couldn't nor could she I don't think get over all that blond hair and as we call it in the south "the bump it"underneath!!
A few sprinkles of pixie dust and we were on our way.  Notice though in the next few pictures as the hairstyle slowing disappears.  It proved to be way to itchy and heavy for this little one.
Our next stop was at Belle's cottage to meet Belle and all her friends.  It was such a unique show because it was completely interactive and the furniture was so lifelike just like in the movie.  It started in Maurice's shop and the mirror melted away and we were transformed to the castle.
Some of the guests were asked to play parts in the fairy tale, Addie Blaire was selected to be Mrs. Potts and
Daddy was one of the "strong" guards, yeah I know there weren't many men in the group! Just kidding, honey.
I loved Lumiere!!!  He was my favorite and he was so real, it was really awesome.  There the actors are ready to take their cues.

Belle entered into the story and off they went..
I personally think Mrs. Potts did the best job!

After the play the kids all got a chance to have a picture with Belle.  Little Brit walked right up there and looked so stickin cute in front of everyone.

I think AB was a little nervous (luckily the photographer got a better shot than I did)
Oh and who could forget the manly guards!
Dumbo!!  It is so iconic we just had to ride!
Britann decided to take a little snooze after all the activity (another awesome thing about the stroller it never slowed us down and the kids both took naps while we walked) so Addie Blaire decided to visit with Chip and Dale and even took her sister's autograph book for her so she wouldn't miss a thing.  They were such gentlemen even stopping to give her a kiss on the hand! (notice we have already lost the hair and it has only been about 3 hours.)

Addie and I took a trip through the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse as a tribute to Nana, it's one of her favorite all time movies!
We had to stand in line a while, but it was worth it when we finally got to see Tinkerbell and her friend Rosetta.  They were so sweet and their garden was beautiful.
Tinkerbell was one of AB's must see on her list so I was glad we were able to catch up with her.
We actually managed to meet all the princesses I think.  Tiana was our next stop from Princess and the Frog.  She was super sweet and the girls thought her new orleans' accent was pretty cool.
Our last ride that day was the jungle cruise.  We got to see all kinds of animals and the girls thought the boat was pretty fun too.

AHHH, at last we were back to the hotel and the weather was perfect 80ish degrees and sunny so we took advantage of the awesome Little Nemo pool at the hotel.  It was really neat with the water that squirts up and a zero entry pool for the kids Mitch and I got to sit back and relax while they had the time of their lives splashing around in this over the top pool.
There was a plane that kept circling over the hotel and as it did the girls and I got more interested.  Pretty cool message followed, short and simple but definitely sums up my feelings at the time.... just love!
 Crazy kiddo, wonder where she gets it?!!
 




After a few hours of playing at the pool we headed in to get ready for dinner.  I was trying when I booked the trip to do my best to apiece both Mitch and the girls with our dinner selections.  I wanted to experience all different areas of the park so each night we tried someplace new.  I had heard great comments about Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary hotel and how all the characters were there so that was our first dinner stop. 
Once we arrived, we were greeted by none other than Donald Duck.  He was quite the friendly fellow.
Unfortunately, Britann did not agree!
Then there he was the one and only Mickey Mouse.  He helped suggest some great dishes for us.
Believe it or not Brit was scared to death but I give the girl some credit she turned that frown upside down for the photo!
We love some Minnie Mouse at our house so both girls were pretty excited to see her come around.

Next was Goofy, and he lived up to his reputation, he was just that!
 
Lastly, our good ole pal Pluto.
By this time Britann was done... I think dad and I were too cause we were seeing some good food on our plates and were ready to eat!!


After dinner, I worked it out so that we could take the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom to see the electrical parade and fireworks.  We caught the tail end of the parade and were waiting on the fireworks, but something was still bothering AB.  She hadn't seen Rapunzel yet.  We had tried to meet up wit her earlier in the day and the line was several HOURS long.  So like any mom would do, I went to stand in line while the girls and Mitch caught the fireworks.  Keep in mind it's been a long day and it is after 10pm at this point.  Well, the kids and Mitch met up with me in line and we continued to wait at exactly 11pm we got our chance!!  I can't believe the girls were even still awake by that time cause I certainly didn't want to be!  But it was worth it once AB got the chance to meet her because she is her favorite and she had even worn her costume all day that day hoping to meet her.  She was so sweet and had the most beautiful hair!!

And yes, we got headed "back to the hotel" well not so much remember that slow complimentary bus I spoke of earlier well there just happened to be a line a mile long so after another 30 or sooo minutes we we getting on the bus.... this is the point where that oh so loving and patient husband I spoke of earlier was about to lose it!!!  He kept his cool and I promised to try and chill out a bit and let everyone sleep in (see I am so type A and I didn't want to get off schedule) I had this whole trip planned out by the second!  I will say while standing in line at midnight with a bunch of tired parents and even tireder kiddos Mitch and I witnessed what could be the worst parenting skills I have ever seen.  It truly made us feel like we weren't so bad at this after all based on the things we saw and heard that night!!!

and now to bed.. .so until tomorrow, Day 3 begins!

No comments: