Saturday, November 17, 2012

Britann's Second Birthday! Shooes!!

For those that know little Brit you have probably seen her love for shoes.  She isn't partial to any one pair but the general affection for shoes in general is always with her.  If we are in the house and don't have shoes on then before we know it she has a pair at our feet to put on. She has a strong desire for everyone to feel the need for shoes like she does.  This has been a theme for her for the last year of her life for sure so when it came time to plan her 2nd birthday party there was not doubt what kind of party we had to have.  Even her big sister had the same idea!  So shoes it was but finding much on shoes proved to be a little harder than I thought.  In the end I think she had a great party and everyone there agreed that she really seemed to be enjoying herself and seemed to understand that the day was all about her.  It made me feel so good to see her soaking up all the attention and loving every second of it.  It was a long road to that day because we had originally planned because Brit got sick with strep throat that weekend and then the following weekend her big sister got a virus called hand, foot and mouth!!!  I mean really! When it rains it pours so luckily the bakery was kind to me and after a few times of rescheduling the day of the party finally arrived.  I am so thankful to everyone that was able to be flexible with us and managed to be there to celebrate with our little Brit Brit!  Happy Birthday sweetie!
 I don't know if you can tell but we were able to find some really cute miniature shoes to use to decorate.
 My little birthday girl and mommy.  I guess you can tell that there was little stress on mommy's face. I didn't realize it at the time but looking back at all the pictures I have this same expression so I guess I was more stressed then I realized because I seem to be gritting my teeth in all of them.

 I found several cute shoe quotes and scattered them out on the table.  This one was one of my favorites by Marilyn Monroe.
 The pretty cake that The Bakerman in Texarkana did such a good job.  I ended up tying in the theme of Cinderella to the cake because of Britann's outfit and other decorations.  I think they did a wonderful job of taking my ideas and running with it.
 This was the party popcorn I made and I think it was the hit of the party.  You can check my pinterest for the recipe but the kids and adults loved it!
 The cupcake toppers were so appropriate "one, TWO buckle my shoe!!"

 This was the big high heel that Sharon loaned me for the party.  Her daughter had collected shoes when she was a little girl and oh my goodness did she have a collection of them each in tiny little boxes.  I couldn't even find room to show them all off.  I loved the display high heel for the collection.  It made for such a cute centerpiece!
 The birthday girl!!  See can't you tell she knew the day was all about her!
 "Shoes matter just ask Cinderella!"  The shoes she is wearing I made for both the girls because AB just had to have a pair once she saw sisters.  I think they turned out really neat.  Hopefully a keepsake she will have for years to come!
 
 This is the bracelet I found made from Barbie shoes just for her to wear for her party but as you can tell by the large hand modeling it that didn't happen!!  Oh well mom needed that final touch to her outfit anyways.
 The party table inside with all the goodies.  I found this book called "Birdie's Big Girl Shoes"  It was so cute and tied right into the party.  In fact I used a page from the book to blow up in to place mats for the table outside.  The shoes that are serving as utensil holders are actually my prom shoes. One is gold and the other is silver.  My mom brought them down with her and they proved to be multi purpose. 

Outside I had set up a table with all the craft stuff for girls and boys.  The girls got a pair of plain dress up shoes to decorate with all kinds of goodies and the boys got large wooden letters to decorate for door hangers to their rooms.  The kids all had a great time working on their masterpieces as you will see later..

 I had gathered up tons ( I mean tons) of Barbie shoes from the collection my mom had held on to of mine, cause they just don't make em like that these days and we used them as table confetti on all the tables.
 The party favor for everyone was a blue or pink laminated shoe that had it's very own shoelace to help those that needed help learning to tie their own shoes.  Ours proved to be very useful because I am proud to say that Miss Addie Blaire can now tie her own shoes!!!
 The Place setting for each child at the table.
 My high heel shoe pebble crispy treats!
 The birthday girl lead the way and where she went that day everyone followed.  She had the best time showing her buddies around the back yard.
 I had set up a photo booth I had found for the older kids to have fun and they definitely had me laughing at their funny faces.
Addie Blaire and Griffin
 AB, Griffin, Zack
 AB and Mason
 AB and Katie Ella
 The outdoor table was set up with lots of Britann's favorite, balloons everywhere you could see!
 Chandler and Zack with their creations.
 The little ones found their way to the trampoline and had the best time falling on one another and just giggling.
 Lila and Brit are soo funny when they are in their together because what one tries the other one has too!
 Brit, Sharon and Bobo.
 Brit, Nicki and Pop Powell
 Brit and Mrs. Shonda
 Brit, Mom, Pop and Nana
 The girls hard at work on their fancy shoes
 Just playing which is what the little one wanted to do.
 The birthday girl ready to blow out her candles.
 Big sister just had to come in to help out...
 My precious birthday girl!
 Gavin enjoying the cupcakes I think.
 The girl of the hour, she loved that cake!

 
See I told you all the girls had a little too much fun with their shoes.  Not sure if these are going to be able to walk in without a little trouble.
 This is Britann's birthday ride.  She is rollin these days in her new wheels.  It is kinda nice that she is not quite able to drive yet because I think she and sissy would be fighting over the wheel.  Lila seemed to enjoy her time in the caddy!

 Checking out all of her gifts.  I don't know if you can see it but Mrs. Shonda surprised her with the sweetest handmade crocheted name sake.  It was so nice of her to do something so special.
 Mason and his cool creation
 Griffin and Gavin, we knew Grif had to have the deer and fishing stickers!
Happy Birthday to you little Brit!!  I can't wait for another fun filled non- stop action packed year with you!

1 comment:

Jenee' Clayton said...

I'm just now having a moment to sit and catch up on my blogs!! LOVE all the details of the party...good job mom!! :)