Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dance Recital!

Addie Blaire had her first dance recital this past Memorial day weekend.  It was her third year of dance and each year I can see some improvement.  I know at this age it is hard for them to really comprehend all the moves and such so when she told me she was nervous before the recital I told her it was going to be great and if she forgets everything just "shake your booty!" and boy did she ever take my advice.  That little thing did some groovin and movin.  I was so proud of all the girls because they all got up there and did their thing, which is hard with hundreds of people watching you.  This year AB took tap, ballet and hip hop classes so she got to perform three different dances.  She still says hip hop was her favorite! She must get that from good ole dad!

Thanks to Nicki Purifoy for taking the pictures for me because I was trying to video tape at the same time.  We could only take pictures at rehearsal on stage because they didn't allow cameras.  So the outfits and hair were a little more detailed the next night.  The first dance was tap.  The girls danced to "God Bless Texas" and those cowgirls did a great job!

Next was the hip hop with was to "Uptown girls" and they all did so good.  I must say this was my favorite dance as well cause they all seemed to get into it a little more than the other two.  We did have to make an adjustment the next night because as you can tell by some of the moves in pictures those darn suspenders were holding them back!

If only I could attach the videos pure entertainment at it's best!

Ballet time... the girls danced to "Down in New Orleans" from Princess and the Frog for this one.
She practiced the night before for Mitch and I her twirls and kept asking us which one was the best.  She told us to watch her cause we would be "impressed" and she didn't disappoint!
Recital Night photos...  Btw I was told by my brother in law she looked a little like a "Toddler and Tiara child" so I will admit that I got a little carried away on the makeup!  I guess getting ready with a hairdresser and watching her do it I thought I was capable, next year I think we'll be leaving it to the professionals!

Darby Kate and Addie Blaire


Hip Hop cuties!

I think this is Addie Blaire's way of imitating me that night.  As I mentioned it had been a long week with all the activities and I must say if ever I was on the edge of a nervous breakdown for some reason that week almost did me in with a combination of a crazy work schedule and trying to be around for all the end of year activities and practices.  I definitely had some apologizes to make to some folks that put up with crazy mom for a couple of days!  Let's just say I would never make a good stage mom or pageant mom for that matter, I would be on that toddlers and tiaras for sure!
Silly Girl!

Daddy's little girl!  He was soo proud of her.  He told me several times on the way home how good she did and how proud he was it was pretty awesome to hear and to see Addie's face how proud she was of herself as well.
Addie Blaire was so lucky all our family came to watch her dance she was so excited to see everyone after it was over.
"G" was so nice to drive down for the evening with us.
Pop is always so sweet to come to all the kids events and this was no different. Nicki wasn't feeling well that night so I still owe her several pictures.
Bobo and Mrs. Sharon came down from Hot Springs as well.
Nana and Pop
and Ms. Mackenzie a favorite of Addie's!

Happy Memorial Day! ( a little late so Happy 4th instead!)

No comments: