Sunday, October 2, 2011

St. Louis

The girls and I traveled with my family to St. Louis for my cousin Collin's wedding.  Mitch stayed in town, so we left out late Wednesday night after Addie's first day of school.  My parents rode with us up there and we decided to leave out during the night so about 11 pm we packed up the girls and off we went.  Dad and I sat up front and kept each other company as we drove and drove.  At 6 am that morning we pulled into town.  It worked out so well cause the girls slept so well and we got the entire day to hang out.  I was a little tired from not having slept but I kept going and it turned out fine.  We went the first day to the park across the street.  It led us straight to the Arch which we had to try out. 
Addie Blaire was so excited to get out of the car she had lots of energy to burn (which mom felt the same way)

The arch proved to be even bigger than I realized.  I have been to St. Louis many times over the years for work but this was my first Arch experience. 

This is the capsule you ride to the top in.  I wasn't really sure that I wanted to try it but my child was so excited to try it that I gave in.  It wasn't the most pleasant experience I've ever had but Addie seemed to get a kick out of it so I guess it was worth it. 
We visited the museum and saw some pretty cool exhibits as well.

View from the top!
This is Addie Blaire exploring "the big city" as she called it.  It is so funny cause for some reason she is obsessed with wanting to go to New York City and eat a hot dog.  Yes, my child's wish is to go eat a hot dog at a street vendor!!!!!!  I am not sure where she has seen this but she talks about it all the time.  So when we got to St. Louis and saw the big buildings I was able to tell her that this was like New York City. I guess this idea worked for her, a little different from NYC but from the eyes of a 4 yr. old fascinating!!  So we decided to walk her around and show her some of the sights.
My cousin had rented a bus to take us all to the Cardinals game that night. It was so nice with two little ones to have transportation that dropped us at the front gate and was there to pick us up.  It was also great to have all my family around to spend time with as well. 


Most of the girls from the family with the beautiful bride (3rd from left).  She was such a great hostess and her family made us all feel so welcome.
Addie Blaire loved hanging with her cool older cousins Abbey and Lindsey.  She talked about them the entire trip.  I guess mom really is getting old and uncool already! 
Thanks to cousin Bobby for the suite at the game.  I can't tell you how nice that was with the girls.  We had plenty of room to walk around and even crawl.  We are so thankful for your hospitality.

Lovin on Aunt T
Mom got all the girls their very own cardinals bear (picked out by Addie).
The girls taught Addie the EEE (Ouachita thing) sign.  So she thought she was pretty cool.



This was our view from mine and the girls room!!! 
Waiting for the subway or metro.  I didn't even realize they had one in St. Louis but it was great for that NYC experience we were going for with Addie Blaire.
She was amazed by it to say the least!!

Britann, you have to remember your first ride too!
We went to the St. Louis zoo which had some great reviews and it was really nice.  A long trip from the Subway which is a whole nother story but great exercise!

The penguin display was really neat and they were so friendly.
All of these exhibits were very natural to the animals settings or at least more so than all the zoos I have seen before.
So glad after the trip just to get to zoo that they had rental strollers.  Addie Blaire was a trooper getting there but it was a good thing we had this cause she went down fast.  She couldn't resist giving lil sis a ride.

Check out that snake!
This is proof that my dad sneaks little sips and dips from his plate to the kiddos.  Here Britann is getting a sip from his coke.  He doesn't seem to have to go back and try and get her to take a nap like I do.  We will let him next time he decides to try this again.  Thanks Abbey for the pictures that are proof!
Tired little baby!!!  Still love to carry this little one.
The rehearsal dinner proved to be fun for the kiddos too thanks to some glow in the dark bands on the tables.  Lila and Britann had fun with them as well. It took place at the 46th floor of a building downtown and had some great views of the city as well.

All the cousins that attended the wedding.
Couldn't help myself I love ruffles on bottoms, well except for mine of course.
On Saturday a friend of mine from St. Louis had told me about the City Museum.  I am so glad for her recommendation because it was awesome!! I am not kidding it was the coolest place I have been.  I meant it!!  I played as much as the kiddos did.  I really want to go back to this place soon. I wish for those that have never seen it I had taken pictures of this place as we drove up because there is a Ferris wheel on top and all kinds of cool stuff.  Here are a few pictures of some of the stuff.  It would take a full day to see it all so we will have to go back.
It had a real life train that ran around inside and went through all kinds of cool stuff.
It is hard to see all the cool decor in the background but it had such cool stuff everywhere.
This was one of Addie Blaire's favorite parts.  The skateboard-less skateboarding park.  the kids were able to slip and slid all over the place in this area. 

This is the outdoor area and I tried to snap a few pictures of just how massive and tall this area was.  Addie Blaire wasn't scared in the least she had me climbing and crawling and screaming the whole way.  No not really I was loving it just as much as she was I think.
This kid just took off and didn't look back.
The big tree house at the top.
A huge slide down the dragon.

Can you see the kids in the tunnel there crawling through?  It just shows how cool and high this thing is!

 
I hung out with all 3 girls during the reception dinner and we had some good times!
Congrats to my baby cuz Collin and thanks for showing us all a great time in St. Louey!
Me and the 1st cousins....
and now the next generation.  I can't wait to see all the memories that are in store for these girls as well!!!

1 comment:

Melinda Fowler said...

Loved your post! It brought tears to my eyes. What a fun time with family!
Thank you for sharing this!