Friday, July 8, 2011

Addie Blaire's 4th Birthday!

I can't believe it that my sweet baby is 4 years old now!! I still tell people that she is 3 all the time, something about 4 seems so old!! I don't guess you are ever ready for your kids to get big but I wish it would slow down just a little bit, the years are really flying by just like everyone said they would. She had a great birthday this year. She had talked about different ideas, last year was the Pinkalicious cupcake party (go back to last year's June post) so this year I let her decide the theme for the party. Her first choice was a camping party (but I didn't think camping in June in Arkansas was a good idea) or tents in general for that matter so we had to go to her second choice. She loves ice cream and Popsicles so she decided she wanted a party with both. I started getting some ideas off the Internet and came up with some ideas for ice cream pops. I waited til the last minute to call the bakery and was a little freaked out to discover they were booked!! I didn't know what to do so I watched a video on line and decided for budget and I guess just to challenge myself I was going to do this. Addie Blaire and i had a little trial run the week before and tested them on the neighborhood kiddos. We had the party on her birthday the 12th of June. It was great cause all the grandparents were able to be there along with her great grandparents Nicki and Pop. Cousins Mason and Lydia were at the beach so we sure missed them this year but she had a great group of kiddos!! She was so excited cause all her buddies from school were there and they had been talking about the party all week at school so I was glad they all were able to make it. The kids had fun and the weather was not as hot as I was prepared for so that was a nice surprise.

The set up, I made the mistake of taking Addie Blaire to the store with me to pick out all the topping and she and I went a little crazy!! I have to say there was no topping not represented on the table, we had oreos, cherries, chocolate chips, sprinkles, m&m's,nuts, Reese's', and my personal favorite cherry Dr. pepper syrup (sounds gross but it is awesome)!
I felt like I hit the jackpot because the week before the party Hobby Lobby had just put all their outdoor stuff on clearance and luckily they had a whole section of ice cream themed supplies!! I have decided that I can do anything these days with a little hot glue and balloons!! I made this little decoration about midnight the night before while Bracy, Terri (well they did tie a few for me) and Mitch chatted it up. At least this year after doing the same thing last year I invested in a air pump! The ice cream cone idea I saw somewhere and decided to give it a try, some Styrofoam, felt and a few colored balloons later wala!! I am really proud of myself can you tell, I am no Betty crocker or Martha Stuart so this was a stretch for me!
I was even able to find some Popsicle and ice cream cone balloons online.
I don't know if this shows up very well but this was the invite to the party it is in a frame on the table so it doesn't look very clear here but isn't that face just squeezable.
Since we were just having the cake pops I decided to get Addie just a small little personal cake to have to blow the candles out on. For those that don't know her well the fact that she didn't have a cake to blow candles out on would not have set well with her.

I made an additional ice cream cone but this thing was so huge it wouldn't fit on the other table. I like sharing these ideas though because if it wasn't for others ideas than some of my decorations would never have seized to exist so just in case anyone is interested you use a big vase underneath and wrap in brown paper. I used regular 10" and 12" balloons and used regular water balloons for the cherry and the drippings. Just in case anyone is interested I thought I would throw that out there.


The happy birthday girl ready to party. I made the little shirt myself also ( I was really on a roll this year) I had seen shirts similar to this but they were so expensive on the Internet so I just invested a few mere dollars and came up with this little design (once again thanks to the hot glue!) She really like it though and still wants to were it all the time! Addie Blaire trying out the ice cream. She is a little put out with me though because after the party was over she looked and me and said "mommy, you forgot the Popsicles!" I had totally forgotten to get them out and she like I mentioned is very on top of things and she laughed and laughed and told me "you are so silly, mommy" she thought it was hilarious that at the Popsicle party there were none. Oh well, at least she found the humor in it instead of the opposite.

My dad caught on camera finally!! He feeds my children any and everything!! He is caught now giving Britann ice cream!! I am telling you no matter what you do he is going to give those kids whatever they want whether they need it or not.

Bobo and Mrs. Sharon"G" and Brit Brit

Addie's buddy Jarrett showed up and she was so excited to see him they ran up and gave each other a hug! It was so stinkin cute. He is the sweetest little boy and I am so glad for Addie to have him as a friend.

Playing in Pop's bubbles, so glad we invested in my dad a bubble maker for his car wash for Christmas several years ago because it pays off every year at birthday time!
Addie, Jarrett, and Peyton
Okay drum roll please her are the ice cream pops!! I wish I had taken a picture of them before they had the chance to get a little hot because they were already melting when this picture was taken. I made two flavors strawberry and oreo!!! I used the little waffle cones and we put icing chocolate syrup and a small little cherry(m&m) on top. I once again was so proud of myself because I made them by myself that morning, with a little help from Addie and although they were definitely not professionally done they did happen and were edible!!
Aunt T and cousin Lila
Some of the kiddos hitting the pool. It sure does payoff to have a pool especially in the 100 degree temps we are having these days.
Livi giving the ice cream a try.
Getting ready to blow out those candles, she told me this year her wish but I promised I wouldn't tell so it would come true, but boy was it sweet!!

Happy Birthday sweet Addie Blaire!!
Little Jorgia certainly approved!

See what I mean I leave Britann alone with my dad and look what happens!! So much for that no milk before 12 month rule with this one, who knows what else. But she sure did love it!! I made her little onesie too she had to show her support for her sister.
Mrs. Lashonda and her boys, Chandler and Zac.
Addie giving the pinata a shot...and another one.... and
then her strong daddy giving it a try.... and a try... and a try (notice the expression he is going to kill me for this)
until finally Mr. Robee just rips it open!!
Lila taking her first dip in a pool. I think she is a fan now!
Addie And Ellie
Nikki and Pop got there mother's and father's day presents a little late but aren't they precious.
Daddy and Brit Brit.
These two had a long day and guess what our air conditioning decided to go out right after the party so it was a good thing we were all wet and had plenty of ice cream to snack on becuase it got rather warm for awhile. Just relaxing with a cold one. It was funny though because I don't think Lila enjoyed watching Brit sip on this as much as the rest of us.
Addie opening her present. She got a beautiful bracelet from Nana and Pop along with a little picnic table for the pool.
Can you tell she is excited about this one, that look!
She got lots of great loot so thanks to everyone for making her day extra special!!
Addie entertaining us in the heat, until we could get the air going. She was showing us some of her new moves. That girl has got them!!
Happy Birthday to the sweetest, little girl that I am so lucky to call my own. You are a true joy for your dad and I and every day is brighter with you around. We love you baby!

No comments: