Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Weeks 1-2

Well as usual I am way late to post about the first few weeks at home. I am pretty sure too that all these pictures are a little out of order, but I think that will be the case from here on out considering the way my mind works lately!! We are enjoying our time with Britann so much. Addie has really taken to her. The first week or so was a little unsure, especially about how she felt about me holding the baby all the time, but she has definitely come around. She is even trying to help feed and bath her now. Britann had a rough couple of weeks at first when it came to sleeping. She loved to sleep during the day but not so much at night. She did eventually by about the end of week 2 or 3 start to go down about 11 or 11:30pm and then would wake about 2 or 3 for a feeding. She is taking about 2 ounces at this point in time. She was having some problems with gas but we are working on those by keeping her upright and me watching what I am eating!! We have had so many visitors and it has been so great. I don't think I having literally cooked a meal in the past 4 weeks!! At the end of week 2 or 3 I had a job interview in Little Rock. This was Britann's first time to go to Arkadelphia. My mom watched her during the interview and then I came back that afternoon. The company actually asked me to come back the next day for a second interview. I wasn't planning on staying that night but Britann and I did and she did great. I am sure she will love staying at Nana and pop's just like Addie does. The good news is that after a 3 hour interview on Friday the company offered me the job!!! I start the 1st of November. I will be making a move from pharmaceuticals to selling specialty products to stores. I am really excited for the change but am a little said the opportunity came a little sooner than I was wanting. I wish that I had just a few more weeks at home with Brit. I love her so much and have enjoyed every second of being with her. I am going to do everything in my power to make this all work and still get as much time with her as possible. Here are a few pics of my newest sweet angel.

She is not quite sure about this swing. Her little head just won't stay up.

She does however love her bouncy seat. Just look at those cute little chicken legs. I love them but can't wait to see her put on some wait and have some thunder thighs real soon!

Big sister is a big fan of helping give her a bottle. I looked over and she was giving her the last of an old bottle. Not quite what I would have liked but with that precious smile I was quick to forgive her!

I had to put this outfit on her the other day when we had some friends coming over for the game. This is from my friend Renee, who was a cheerleader. She gave this to Addie and I couldn't resist another picture in it.

I taught Addie that it is best not to rub all over sister, which she listens to sometimes. I showed her how the baby would grasp her hand if she gave it to her. I think she gets a thrill out of her reaching for her now. I caught this picture and just thought it was too sweet.

This is a pose I feel like we see alot of these days. The good ole burp. She is not the easiest to burp for one she is the squirmiest baby I have ever tried to hold. She is very strong for such a little one. Secondly, she does not seem to burp very easily. It takes us several minutes to get a burp out of her if at all.
My grandmother finally got to see her. She had not been feeling too well after her fall, but made it up anyways. She did a great job with Britann. I am so glad they finally got to meet!

Grandma Bobo and Britann at the office. I know that these two hit it off well because Mamaw's favorite thing to do is rock babies and this one was all to glad to let her.
I just can't help myself every time I walk past her and she is sleeping so soundly I just have to take a picture.

Because just as soon as that is over this is what i see "feed me mommy!"

At a little over 1 week, her first outing to the fair parade. She slept through the whole thing which is hard to believe with all the bands and sirens!!! Maybe that is what we need around the house at night!

A nice man in the parade on his horse stopped to let Addie get on!

The next night my mom came down so that Mitch and I could take Addie to the fair. She had a great time. It is just a little tough though because she is not quite big enough to ride on her own so Mitch and I took turns with her. She and Grif checking out the food, my favorite part!

This was one of those rides that spins around and I don't think Angie or I were quite ready for it! I was feeling a little light headed, probably not something the doctor would have ordered.

Getting the motor going.


She loved the bumper cars. I don't know if she did though as much as daddy. He and Ronnie had a contest in there trying to get each other. Doing it for the kids I'm sure.


This was more her speed I think.

Aunt Brandee, Mark and Mason came that weekend to stay with us. Mason did a great job holding the baby. I was so glad they came down because it helped to have the extra hands plus it made Addie's week to know that Mason would be coming!! She loves that kid.

Nona came to see Addie, she hadn't seen her all summer and I know that Addie had missed seeing her since her husband passed away. She got to meet the new addition and even brought me my favorite turnips and turnip greens!


This was before the Alabama game, good thing we took pictures before or we might not have taken them after the game!! The outfit is still a wee bit big on her!


These are my to date all time favorite pictures of my girls!!! I just love that big smile!!! I can't get enough of these two!


My aunt Melinda, and cousins Abbey and Lindsey came down on Sunday and spent the afternoon with us. It was so great to have so many of my family members that never have a reason to come down this way make the trip. I am so glad you guys came and I can't wait to start utilizing your babysitting skills!!

Just hanging out with the family!



It just wouldn't be right to not post the first picture at Target!! It will be the first of many for this little one.

No comments: