Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Farm Girl

Mitch, Addie Blaire, and I stopped to visit Nana and Pop, Aunt T and Uncle B at the farm on the way home from Little Rock and I got to take a few pictures of her enjoying the farm. I had also wanted to go by to see the gravesite for our little dog "Caro" My parents had just buried her earlier in the week there. My dog Madison is actually buried next to her at the farm. Caro was 14 years old and unfortunetley got hit by a car a couple of weeks ago. She had started to wander off and my parents got a knock at the door and it was a policeman that had been on the scene where it happened because a young boy had swerved to miss her and had a minor accident in doing so. I know that she will be greatly missed by us all, but is at her favorite place where she enjoyed many hours of running and playing and of course riding in the truck! (Long story you would have to ask my dad about!) Anyways, it was such a beautiful day out there and it always does bring back some great memories to see Addie Blaire out on the farm just like I was at her age. I guess all she needs is the overalls and hat my mom put me in for pictures and she would be set!
Buford (my sister Terri's dog) and Hunter (my parent's dog on the right.) Mitch and Addie Blaire trying out the tractor.
Addie Blaire got her chance to drive for the first time (well not really but don't tell her.) She really enjoyed it once she found the horn! The really neat thing about this jeep is that it used to be my grandpa Fowler's. I remember riding in it when I was a little girl with him, my dad was able to buy it back from a friend that had totally restored it. I am so glad he had that chance, and so are Mitch and Bracy because they are fighting over who gets to drive it these days!
I took this picture the next day after church in our neighbors beautiful yard. I wish their green thumb or at least some of their energy would rub of on me. (Which is why the pictures were taken in there yard and not ours!)

No comments: