Friday, July 18, 2008

Our good friend, David Adams.

I wanted to post some pictures today from our trip to the Kentucky Derby this year back in May. I am posting these because this was such a memorable time that we had with David and Ashley Adams. I know we will never forget the good times we had with David.

David passed away on July 16, 2008. He had battled leukemia for over a year. He had actually beat the cancer and this trip was to celebrate the end to his treatments. He endured so much over the past year and I know there were so many ups and downs for Ashley, too. David and Mitch have been the best of friends since college and I know Mitch is taking this very hard. He will miss him greatly!! I met David when Mitch and I first started dating. I liked him instantly and that like has turned into so much more over the years, especially in watching him this past year. David never complained, never asked why him, he just fought. I have such a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for him. I just want him to know how much we loved him and how immensely he will be missed!! Here are some pics from the good time we last spent with him:


David and Ashley on Kentucky Oaks day.The whole gang in our awesome box that Ashley and Clayton got for us. It was so cool we were right on the finish line and the best part for me was that Tom Brady was sitting behind us!!The four of us with hats and "Mitch's famous suit" (too bad the pic doesn't show the crazy shoes!)
Mitch and I on Derby Day.


At the Kentucky Oaks.
The whole gang: Andrew, Clayton, Me, Mitch , Ashley and David.

After the race, this was the trophy ceremony for the winner.

1 comment:

The Ramsey's said...

Hey girl! I am so glad you decided to blog! It is so much fun! Your little girl is SO beautiful!! She needs to be Cole's girlfriend! haha.