Sunday, July 19, 2020

Easter and Jill's Bday...and still Quarantine!

I feel as if all these posts will later be called the Covid-19 files.Life is different right now, lots of craziness, lots of uncertainty and most of all fear.  Job loss, no school or socialization outside of the house.  It is really unlike anything anyone has faced in our lifetime.  With that being said, it has also reminded us all of what we have to be thankful for our family, friends, our homes, and our faith.  WE have to rely on our faith most of all.  Church is shut down, schools have been closed with only online learning, no activities or sports, no restaurants or shopping.  It is unlike anything I have ever witnessed, and one thing is for sure life won't be the same again.  So many businesses are closing or transitioning the way they do business.  It really will have a lasting impact for years to come.  So what do you do to keep your kids from going stir crazy, your health from deteriorating under the circumstances and most of all keep the faith that Jesus is still in control.  Our family has spent must time just hanging out, talking, visiting over the phone with friends, and trying to think of creative ways to spend time together and connect.  I saw this little Easter idea and decided we needed to bring it to Hot Springs.  So we got lots of plastic eggs with candy made several signs for yards and in the process had a whole lot of fun! 
Egging our friends houses, the girls would hide the eggs, knock on the door and we would run!





It really was such a fun time and provided some great memories and plenty of smiles from friends as they searched the yard for goodies!
A little Easter surprise from Bobo and Sheshe.
Making the annual easter bunny cake.  We had to get a bit creative this year as some of the supplies were a bit scarce in stores at the time.

And doing a bit of Easter egg dying!

Each year on Easter morning we wake the girls up and the Easter bunny has left a letter.  This year he used one of our Egged cards to leave a note telling the girls of the scavenger hunt he had set up through the house to locate their baskets.  They look forward to it each year...





A sweet note from my B girl to the bunny, letting him know it was my bday so not to forget me the night before.
And look what the bunny left for mom...one of her favorites at Easter time!
And the hunt was on....










That afternoon after church, after the rain and after forcing them to take a few pics for me.  I got the whole family out for a walk downtown along the promenade.  

Followed by an afternoon boat ride....even Charlie was thanking me for!
A little late evening mask to help me feel young again...if that is even possible! 
A little festive Easter decorations...

A set of impromptu Easter pics after the sun broke through that day.  Isn't that what it's all about... the morning began dark and dreary, but just like we are reminded in the story of the Resurrection the SON came to remind us of the joy we have in our Risen Savior!








From my girls....
My parents left me out some of my favorites, since at the time we were still trying to steer clear of each other.  They know me well!
And my sister and family showed up and we had a social distancing chat in the garage while we watched it rain.  Just the cheer I needed that evening...love these kids, all of them!
And a bit of a latergram the next evening in the bitter cold.  a little social distancing bday gathering! 
My bday presents from neighbors and friends!  A sign of the times for sure!
Finally a little time with Nana and Pop, even it if was outside, at separate tables and very short.  We were so excited to see them for the first time in several weeks!





A little stormy night sleepover for the whole fam in our room.  Cant say any of us hated it....
First swim of the season, not sure who the girls stood it but they were so ready for summer!
And teaching them a few card tricks...like my favorite spades going blind neal.  Mitch is not a fan of my methods but I still won anyway!
Time with cousins on the lake!

My big girl, I think she has spend plenty of quarantine time learning to do hair and makeup.  She probably needs to help me out these days!  I could use all the help I can get, can't say quarantine live has made me get ready but a handful of times.
 A little birthday parade for a friend that was going away for the summer!  We got to do several parades over the past few months!
And a little exercising on a hot day!
i got to do several television interviews during this time.  This was just one of 4 that I did for the news regarding foster care and the impact Covid-19 has had on our foster care system and the poor children that need a home during this time more than ever!

No comments: