Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I'm Gettin Old but it sure is Fun!

We arrived home from Disney just in time to get a good visit with some friends visiting from Chicago, but about ready to head there way soon.      
School was back in so that ended our fun for a bit but we picked right back up where we left off from spring break with a weekend in Little Rock.  While dad was hanging out with friends for the afternoon the girls and I had a mini shopping trip..but first stop was Local Lime for some delish food and selfies!


The girls are just as big of fans as I am!

Then we hit up one or our favorite stores for a little birthday present for me!  I love birthday month and new jewelry finds= happy momma!
Then we met up with our cuzs for a bit to do a little Father daughter dress shopping.
and afterwards with friends at Mellow Mushroom for dinner.  We were there to support a fundraiser going that day that would donate to the Leukemia Lymphoma Society in memory of our friend David.  Always fun when we all get together and now just as fun for all these crazy kiddos!



Uncle Bates loves this girls!
And then the season began and we haven't stopped yet!  I helped Julie coach Brit's team this year and did we have our hands full.  These girls are non stop action...but tball well it depends on the day.  But B appears to be finally getting the hang of it!
The next morning we were up early to run in the 5k race for Lila in Hot Springs.  The girls and I ran while dad watched.  They did so good and Brit got 2nd place in her age group while AB got 3rd!  Each year we get a little better with a little push from mom along the way...not that it is always appreciated.
Glad to support Mrs. Misty and her sweet angel baby Lila! 
I even ran into an old friend..and now yes we are truly old!  Erica it was so great to see you and Angie as always.  We all had a lot of fun together over the years! 

 That afternoon my parents came over with the girls and we had a little cleaning time at the condo before lunch and treats for my birthday week celebration that had started.  or mourning celebration either way you look at it.

Orange leaf always cheers me up though!
And then the day I had dreaded was finally here.  It was the big 4-0!  I really can't believe how fast time flies it doesn't seem to be that old anymore or maybe age is really just a number.  I must say that this was a tough bday for me.  I really hated to cross the bridge into maturity but hopefully I will forever stay young at heart!  The day started off at work like any other but after lunch I got a little surprise in my office.  The whole campus came over for a little bday celebration for me and of course to rub it in at my expense.  But it was so much fun!
Flowers from the parents..always thinking of their girl.
And then the nursing dept. brought in the wheelchair and diapers and it was all downhill from there.



 They had even prepared me a basket of all the necessities I would need in old age.
And a beautiful cake!
Mitch couldn't resist trying on my diaper.

 That night Mitch had arranged a little impromptu party for me on a weekday night.  Considering my birthday leads up to Easter we figured everyone would be out of  town so we all met up at Allison's house for some food and fun that evening.
  
Most of the crew even hung around long enough to indulge me with some pics to remember the evening.

And some silly pics were in order..too bad we couldn't get that 4-0 sign right!  I wish i could play all these in order like a movie because there are some that are too good to miss.  I think Mitch may win the competition though!

Meanwhile all the little girls were watching over to make sure we got it right!
But all the boys weren't concerned they spent the evening playing ball.
It was a fun night with lots of friends that i will remember always.  So here it to 40...may it be as awesome as the 39 before it!

The next morning we were up early for field trip day with Addie Blaire.  She and her friends were headed to Jefferson Tx and I wasn't missing that trip.
We even got to meet a new friend!


And AB took a little swamp tour while mom did a little shopping around town.  In my defense there was no room for the mom's or i am sure I would have gone.

And then it was back home that afternoon for a quick change because Daddy/Daughter dance was that evening.  Little Miss B was all fired up and the girls and I spent the afternoon fixing hair and a little makeup too waiting on their date to pick them up.
My pretty little B looked so beautiful that night.   I can't believe how grown up she looked this year!


And AB in her first time in wedges that she insisted on wearing.  She was just gorgeous!

And dad didn't look so bad either!  The next thousand or so pictures may put you to sleep but I just couldn't pick my favorites.  I am sure that by the end you will notice them gritting their teeth but a mom can never take too many pictures..my opinion only!












I was on the committee that had been planning this big day so I was thrilled with how good the room looked and all the extras that we had planned for the evening.  There were a few of us mommas and grandmommas that were running around all evening helping the dads but for the most part they all seemed to have a great time.
The table with all the goodies we gave away that night for the girls and dads too.
My girls finally arriving with dad.







Arriving in style in their horse drawn carriage.  Such a cool addition to this year's event...they all looked like little princesses!

 Dancing the night away!






Photo booth fun!
 

Brit with her prize in hand!
Great night for these girl and all the dads thanks to all the ladies that helped make this so special for so many!
 
 
The next day we headed up for a fundraiser to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma society of Arkansas in their annual Man of the Year competition.  This year our friend Dow was up for the award so the whole gang was their to support him.  Mitch and I pictured with Executive Director Kim Dupas.   
Not my favorite picture of myself but proof that mom and dad get out of the house every once in a while! 
And one of my favorite artists just happened to be there auctioning off some of his beautiful bowls.  I couldn't resist getting to meet him and... 
happy birthday to me!  I took home two of his autographed works of art.  Now if i could just get my hands on one of his chandeliers...life goals! 

And the night ended with a big win for our pal Dow...he raised over $100,000 in 10 weeks for patients with Leukemia or Lymphoma.  So proud of all these guys have accomplished over the years in memory of their friend.

 I have had the best couple of weeks leading up to my birthday and afterwards celebrating with many friends and lots of love.  I look forward to many more memories with all these people.  40 ain't looking so bad after all!

No comments: