Friday, January 15, 2016

20 YEARS...since high school...oh it CAN'T be!!

This year on Wednesday nights the kiddos of our M & M group will be doing mission work locally and internationally.  The first mission for these mission possible kids was to thank our local "heroes" so to do that we all baked loads of cookies and treats and hand delivered them to these local heroes right here at home...
and guess what they got a surprise too when they got there very own badges

and even tried out the handcuffs too...hope I don't see that picture again anytime soon!
Then we headed over to the fire department where the kids all got to try out the pole and  check out the big red fire truck.  I think this is going to be a great year for this program, they have already delivered food to the homeless shelter, made items for the elderly, sang at the nursery home and made pillows for they Syrian children.  I hope this instills in these kids the heart for service that is vital today!
Here B is receiving her first Mission Possible award for service...we start them at a young age around here!
That weekend AB started her 10 week EVERY Saturday practice in Texas for Nutcracker so dad and B headed to the spa city for some one on one fun and by the looks of it they had a great time!


After practice on Saturday AB and I met up with these two in Little Rock for a fundraiser we sponsored with a group of friends.  It was to benefit the ARkansas Food Bank.  It was held at the all new facility and I must say I was so impressed by this organization and the fundraiser itself.  A great way for these kids to become involved with a really essential need all over the state.  They had all kinds of activities for the kids..painting
Brit even made a friend...although we he made a move towards her I don't think I have seen her run that fast!


They even had the cutest little red firetruck for all the kiddos to ride around on that night.

B and Miss Brantley never stopped all evening as you can tell my the hair!
Thankful for this organization and the work they continue to do for this state!
To my surprise that next week I was tagged in a photo on Facebook from a teacher at AB's school and what did I see but my big girl reading to the class.  This was one of the rewards that her teacher offers if students behave well and get all assignments done is for them to read to the kindergarten class.  I was told AB did a great job. I am so proud of the little lady she is becoming and the big heart that she has especially when little ones are concerned.  She is going to make a great role model for her little sister no doubt!
Before we knew it fall was in full swing and the fair was upon us.  AB didn't have any fear as she tackled even the biggest rides!

Although B and I did a little more watching that night.  B was more interested in the animals I think.. Smart girl!
That weekend we headed to my alma mater for Tiger Tunes 2016.  We were joined by my nieces and cousin for a awesome fun filled show that night.  The girls love to go each year and squeal and giggle through the whole show.  Great memories are being made I can just feel it!



AB and B performance at school for grandparents day.

and then it was reunion time...don't we look so young!!  almost like we never aged..he,he, he!!  some of my pals from high school's kiddos at the Friday night Badger game.  The kids had as much fun catching up as we did I think!
Some of my favorite people in the world,.me , Angie, Jennifer p, Caron, Jessica V, Jill and Renee

That night after the game we all met up at a spot downtown to hang out and I think it was 1am before we were leaving.  So great to see all these people after a whole 20 YEARS!!
The next morning I was up and at them early because I had promised this little lady that we were doing her first 5k that morning.  There was a craft beer festival going on downtown so we signed up for the race that morning.  She did a great job.  It wasn't the time she might have hoped for but as I told her she crossed the finish line and finished what she started which is all that really matters to me!
Little B even got to show off her skills for a quick kids run through downtown.
Hanging out with some of their favorite Morris kiddos.
That afternoon we came back with the Morris family to let the kiddos play..and well at least our daddy too!  They had all kinds of fun activities for the kiddos.
watching these girls get knocked out was awesome!!  I would pay to see it again!

and a little knockerball too!

I think the red faces were a sure sign they had a good time!


Not sure how appropriate this was for 5 year olds but it sure is funny with daddy leading the way!
Even B got up the nerve to try it out..luckily for her she was so small she could fit under the rail!
Some cool artwork the girls whipped up while we were there.
that night we headed out to another local spot for dinner and to watch the game.  We had a great time and had so many of the class come back.  I was one of the ones that helped to plan this thing so it was so exciting to see that many show up.  We tried to make it much more casual this year and less "over planned" and I think people really liked that.  It seems after all these years we are still those same 16 year girls we always were some  things may have changed but our friendship and memories we share never will!



Sunday, fun day on the farm.  The girls enjoy their time spent with Pop at the farm and getting to be country girls is kind of fun for a change!  The tractors make for a great set of monkey bars for these two too!



No comments: