Wednesday, July 1, 2015

End of Year Fun

Has another year really flown by??  It doesn't seem possible that the girls could be getting this much bigger so fast :( (insert frowning face)  I know without a doubt that both of them have learned so much, met new friends and developed new traits and characteristics over the last year. But I still can't help but want time to just. slow. down.
B on the last day of school with her teacher Mrs. Betsey.  She tells me all the time that her best friend this year was Mrs. Betsey and you know what I believe it because that is what she says too.  She said B was her "little mommy" in the classroom and that when she had surgery this year she didn't worry about coming back because B was there and she would be the extra set of hands she needed around the classroom. I am so glad that my children have enjoyed their teachers this year.  It makes a mom's heart happy each morning to know that someone is going to love them just as much as I do when I'm not there!
Since Mitch and I would be gone for the program that night because of the Man of the Year event we were allowed to come to dress rehearsal so I could film to my heart's content.  The kiddos love the songs but one in particular was B's favorite..I'm a little graduate.  I have it memorized by heart because she walked around the house saying it over and over again for weeks!  She even told it to strangers, grandparents and basically anyone that would listen.  I  am so glad she seemed to be so proud of her accomplishment and just wanted to tell the whole world.  So let's see if I still remember a month later....I'm a little graduate, yes it's true.  I'm a little graduate. ew, ew ew!  a tiny little paper is what I'll get so you out to be proud because I'm a little graduate!  Yep, still got it ingrained in my memory forever, thanks B!


dress rehearsal..
and the real deal.  Thanks to my mom, dad and her big sister AB I didn't miss a thing.  She taped the whole performance for me to watch and even some friends helped snap some pictures of my sweet little graduate! 
 


A picture of big sis taping the whole thing.  She took the duty I assigned her very seriously, thank goodness. 


The next day was the last day of school for both girls so we went to the park with B's class, ate popsicles she brought for her friends, did some face painting and said or goodbyes.

B getting a "bee" on her face...funny story this is the second time this has happened to this poor girl she walks up to them says the wants a "B" on her face and next thing you know we have a little stinger!  Poor thing doesn't explain all she really wanted was the letter...oops!

B with one of her favorites, Mrs. Michelle.  These two are so tight after a year at Michelle's house last year she will hold a special place in her heart forever.
Just a swingin'

After her party we went to eat lunch on the last day with big sis.  I don't know who enjoyed that more big or little because they both seemed pretty pleased to introduce each other to her friends.
Subway one of their favorites!
selfie alert...B's new favorite pastime.  evidenced by my phone or lack of memory left.
Buddies...these kiddos are so close.  I guess because she is at such a small school but these girls are so close and it shows every time I walk into the classroom they all know me by name and want to give hugs...such sweet hearts they all have!
AB's program as school.  They did a program for moms and dads that was really precious singing songs about us and even had a little story line to go along with it.   

Jump house fun on the last day...


and then you guessed it more softball pictures.  I know the girls maybe bored with all of these one day but at the time they each represent a special moment that happened on the field.  This was after one of AB's best hits all season, she ran all the way around the bases...
with a few little Pixie Chicks in the crowd.


ahhh,  home plate the look of relief on her face said it all.


A little team pic for one of their last games this season.
After that we followed up with a double header for B's last game this season.  She did great and got some good hits to finish off the season.


run, run...

run.  This speedster made it all the way home that night. 

After the game smiles as they each received their metals!
A proud coach of a team that played hard and  hopefully learned something..if not from me from one of the others (which is actually more likely!)
 Proud little sister got a big hug from big sis! 
 May you experience the highs of the "last day of school" all year round!!  May you grow from the experiences and mentors that help to shape you as you learn from the mistakes of the past and look forward to what is still to be...
 

No comments: