Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Dive-In Movie...AB's 7th Bday!!

Well I can't believe it but my baby is 7!!!!  I wish time would just stand still it seems to go way to fast these days.  I think the summer has come and gone before my eyes.  I can't believe I am just now posting this and here it is the end of the summer already.  AB had her birthday all planned out.  She started with the idea that mom would not work on her birthday so I made sure that one happened, next that she would go to kids college that day and I would come and pick up all her friends and take them to Amigo Juan's for lunch (she wanted to wear the big sombrero) and then her party of course.  These are the beautiful young ladies I got to pick up that morning after college (sounds funny to  say that) and we headed to lunch which was an adventure all in its own! 
Luckily my mom came with me and that helped quite a bit to calm these hungry little beauties. 
But after all that sugar from the ice cream and a birthday serenade things got a little out of control... evidence below!


Then we decided to make a stop by Bobo's office to drop of Katie Ella and I put these girls straight to work....and then it was nap time (too bad I couldn't participate because I was worn out already!)
Then it was time for the dive-in movie to begin...
The happy birthday girl ready to parteeee 
 



Her precious cake by All in Good Taste.. they created my vision perfectly...some people are so talented... just wish I was one of them!

The party included all the items one would expect to find at the movies, popcorn, twizzlers, chips, candy and of course these awesome popcorn cupcakes!
We even had flavored popcorn for those guests with distinguished taste buds.


The picture doesn't do them justice nor the fact that I let them sit in the heat for a while before I took this picture.  They were precious!
 
Just like at the movies..all of my favorites!
 
Before I knew it the party was underway with kiddos all over the pool.
I know this will come as a surprise but AB had only one movie in mind for the evening..her favorite Frozen!!
AB and Jillian ready to slip and slide
Lots of pool action 
and water balloons galore.  I had no idea that these girls would get such enjoyment out of them but that kept them entertained all night.  I was finding water balloons for weeks afterwards.
Some of the crew from the party..a bunch of bathing beauties if I do say so.
Always so glad to have pop join us!
The birthday girl taking a little break for some fuel for the pool
These are the tags for the party favors.  This year we did goggles for everyone with "thank you for making my party a Splash"

So excited to blow out that candle. The only problem was I got a sparkler instead so it made for some funny faces from the birthday girl when it wouldn't blow out!

What to do...I think Caroline was a little frightened by the whole thing!

My little 7 year old :( 
G and AB
Nana and baby J..all the excitement put her right to sleep.
We had a few complications with the movie that night, even calling over a friend to get it going for us when the whole time it was working just fine.  The only problem was it had to be completely dark to see it.  So it made for a late night showing of Frozen for those that stuck around it was worth the wait!
Glow stick necklaces and bracelets were a necessity for all the young ladies..
Bobo, Sharon and AB
Finally the grand finale...I think we rewound "Let it Go" several times just to watch all these girls go crazy.  It was beautiful music to my ears after all the work we had gone to to get it going. 
As you can tell these ladies all have a flare for the dramatic!

Then after all the guests had left it was time for presents.  The girls had a blast checking out all the new stash of toys.
One of her favorites..Elsa

Nana gave her a beautiful cross ring.
Pop even stuck around and spent the night which is a rare event during planting season so we were glad to have him.
Aunt T , Lila and June all spent the night as well it made for an awesome sleep over.

The next day was spent hanging out by the pool.  So glad to have my whole family around for all these special events.
So there you have it...one more birthday party in the books!  It was definitely a dive in movie to remember at our house.  I love you sweet AB and you continue to light up our lives each and every day.  I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for you...Love you cat!

No comments: