Monday, April 28, 2014

Love is in bloom!!

I can't believe it! The time is finally here to meet sweet  baby J.  I was so worried that morning because I had an event at work that I could not miss and so the moment it ended the girls and I were on our way to LR to meet the newest member of the family.  We got there just in time because I received a text she was at a 10 as we ended the hospital.  We walked in to find mom and dad and aunt Bettye patiently waiting.  It was a good thing Bettye had brought her I pad because it proved to be a little longer wait then I thought.  But pretty soon the news came...
June Fowler Cross was here!
The girls and I snuck back to catch a glimpse.
I am one proud Aunt..she is just beautiful.
Nana with all her grands..daughters that is!!!!!!  The tradition continues...
These two were so excited to be there to meet her.  I am so glad they came with me.  I can't wait for many more memories of these four together.  I know we have lots of girl time ahead of us!!  So rest up baby J!
The next day was Friday and so it was time for the weekend but not just any weekend..my birthday weekend!  We had dinner with friends on Friday night while the girls apparently had a little fun of their own with Bobo and Sharon at a birthday party that night.

The next day was derby day at Oaklawn so no guesses on where daddy was headed but the girls and I decided to spend my actual bday in a place that makes me so happy.  The weather was perfect and the flowers were in bloom so I really can't think of a better way or anyone I would have rather spent it with then these two.  We started at the glass chapel and then made our way through the entire Garvin gardens that afternoon.


The "peahock" as AB says  was beautiful!

Then the silly time started.. unfortunately once again I actually brought my camera but because I never use it anymore like I mention in an earlier post it was dead!  However, AB took control of the camera for most of the pictures you will see and she did a fantastic job catching the beauty we witnessed.












one of AB's photographs
My precious snaggle tooth.
Poor Brit was having a major allergy attack..and poor flowers because they didn't stand a chance with this girl..  she was picking them before I could stop her.

another AB pic...
and another...



and another...these are really good right?!!
and then after the gardens we ended my bday with a wonderful meal at my favorite spot.. Café 1217.  The girls were not quite as up on this place but so thankful they were good sports and let me have my fun on by bday!!  So thanks girls to a wonderful day...I really can't think of a better way to spend it then with you two by my side!!

No comments: