Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ahhh the lazy days of summer!


 I titled this post in such a way because these pictures that follow probably hold no major significance in regards to any one thing we did this summer but to a whole lot of fun times with family and friends that made plenty of memories and left me with lots of smiles and giggles as I have been going through them all tonight.  I have enjoyed all my time off this summer with the girls and I am so thankful for each lazy day by the pool or on the lake that we have spent together.  I know the summer has come to an end but here are a few of the things that I hope the girls remember about this summer one day.....

The girls and I met Aunt T and Lila for a race to remember!  I am so glad we were able to attend and remember Richie Morris and Miller Woodruff.
 Terri, Renee and I after the race.
 Addie Blaire with her Mamie cupcake.
 The sweet precious Morris family who ran this race in memory of their angel in Heaven, Richie.
 The girls and I spent several mornings at the lake with our new friends hanging out on the patio eating stale Cheetos and crackers!  At least somebody seemed to enjoy them, these ducks were not scared they came right up to us!
 Little Brit got a kick out of the whole experience!
 My lit batter got her very own trophy for tball this year.  This was a picture of she and her cuz Lydia at their end of the season pool party.
 AB and Grif showing off his present that he had picked out all by himself for her.  A snake watch, but don't worry it was "pink" he knew that would be a selling point for her.
 Addie Blaire and I got to attend only a couple of the public libraries story times but this was the most memorable.  The game and fish let her get her hands on a baby alligator.  I don't know who was more scared her or the alligator!
 Brit and daddy cruising the lake.
Miss Darby Kate's party where AB got to do her favorite things eat popcorn while someone painted her toes.
 and indulged in a little spa time as well!  AB with Emma and Livi.
 This spring the girls and I were at Atwood's and I mentioned we should by some seeds for watermelons and they were so excited that Addie Blaire had them opened before we ever got home.  I didn't know what to do with them so I just started digging little holes by the house and she was throwing them in by the dozens.  Well needless to say and surprised even shocked as I was they came and boy did they take off!!  We had so many vines (right there at the front of the house) that we couldn't even mow around them.  But she was soooo proud it was hard to not be excited to see what would come.  Well we are now the proud owners of several watermelons that were very tasty and still growing as we speak.  The girls out checking on their crop.


 Great grandma Nicki was soo excited for AB that she wanted to come and take pictures of her and always on top of things she made sure it ended up right there on the front page of the paper! Thanks Nicki for always taking care of us and making sure she got her moment in the spotlight.  She told me the day that she saw the paper that she wanted everyone to see it so "I should go and put one in everyone house" and a week later I got a phone call that she had gotten her wish.  The local free paper that is sent out each week and sure enough AB was front and center on the front page.  See dreams really do come true in a place called Hope!
A little day at the park with a picnic.  Sisterly love there's nothing like it! Britann absolutely loves her big sister there isn't a day that goes by that she isn't trying to give sister something that she has or bring her "shooes" to her.  She makes sure that if she gets a snack AB has one or if she is going sis is too.  It really is so heartwarming to know these two have been and continue to grow so close!
 Addie Blaire got pneumonia after we returned home from the beach and so I was very worried about her doing to much in the heat so we spent alot of time for a few weeks taking it easy and crafting. She loves to various types of crafts and this was one of those very projects that as you can see by the smile she was kinda proud of!
 Mitch and I went to Fayetteville for a weekend for a golf tournament and this is just a little pic of Mitch and Chad Gentry that is proof of the fun we had.  These two karaoke the entire cab ride and then some.  We paid the poor guy just to drive us around for the pure entertainment of it!  The girls spent a weekend with Bobo and Sharon riding on the boat and being spoiled rotten I'm sure.
 Addie Blaire and I snuck away one Friday afternoon after her recovery seemed complete for a day at Magic Springs.  "G" had gotten us season tickets for her birthday and because of sickness and our crazy schedule it was our first time to get away.  She and I had the best time running all over the park all by ourselves.  We would just jump in line for a ride and because there were no lines we would ride it all over again.  I think that mom had just as much fun as she did.
 This is the slide on the left that AB did all by herself.  I will say we did it twice and she would have kept it up but as you can see it was rather tall and the steps were so hot on our bare feet that she had to be carried (along with both our rafts) up the stairs.  Mom thought she might have third degree burns on the bottom of her feet after two trips up those stairs and a back that may never be the same.  This was literally one of the funnest times I have had in a long time.  I felt like I was 5 too and we were just two kiddos hanging out that day.  I think that is one of my favorite things about being a parent, the chance to be that kid again and enjoying it all over again even more the second time around!
 This is the "cheese" face!!  Enough said, daddy thinks maybe we need to reconsider what we say when taking pictures these days. But who can resist that face!
 This sweet face is so hard to catch on camera these days so I have to do my best when I get the chance. Brit's hair is finally starting to grow and she has sooo many curls!  I really don't remember having this many and Mitch sure didn't so not sure where they came from but I am loving them.  It make trying some new hairstyles so much fun.
 This was the first of Addie Blaire's melons to be cut and as you can tell it was really good!
Movie night at the house with Ellie. Addie Blaire loved having friends over this summer and she got so used to it that being back in school has been an adjustment because she wants friends to come spend the night every night.
 Addie Blaire's first sleepover with Peyton.  She had so much fun having a friend spend the night and the girls did great they both slept through the night with no problems.  This started a trend where Peyton came over several more night and Addie Blaire even spent her first night away at Peyton's as well.  She is turning into such a big girl lots of long nights ahead!
Little Brit has a whole new appreciation for the boat this year.  She was so small last summer and could not enjoy riding around but now that she is feeling foot loose and fancy free she is all over that boat.  We have to try to keep up with her.  She really loves getting splashed in the face by the waves and the snacks on the boat are another favorite.  
We have finally gotten her to enjoy floating in the lake with daddy and sister.
 Church picnic complete with what else watermelon!
 Sisterly love, the girls and I spent a weekend at the lake all by ourselves!
 The girls and I spent a morning at the Arkadelphia farmer's market with mom and Grandma Bass and found some really good treats! So glad we get to have more time with my grandmother now that she lives closer to us.
Melon time!!  The watermelon festival was alot of fun for us this year since we missed last year's because of a wedding so we tried to be a part of all the festivities we could.

Had to have a little melon while we were there.  I mean how cute is that, am I right or what!

Addie Blaire gave her bungee jumping a second try at the festival.

As excited as I was for the school year to begin, I know that I will miss the lazy days of summer! Happy Summer to everyone!

No comments: