Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Break (a little late, I know!)

Okay so the title to my post reveals it all. I am always a little behind on this posting but I am way behind as of right now. I just can't post anything new until I had the chance to get this up (I guess due in part to my very type A self). It is funny to look back and see how much I posted several years ago and now. I get so few posts in that it is more like once a month so the posts in turn seem to go on forever because I am making up for the fact that there is one long post instead of several small ones. I guess that is okay though because I am at least still trying so hopefully that counts for something. Britann is now (or at least in the photos 6 months.) The girls were pretty sick the weekend before with strep throat and ear infections so that kinda took a turn on our spring break plans so like everything with kiddos you just adjust. We went from going off somewhere with them to having a little stay cation close by. Although I don't think it bothered Addie Blaire one bit and I pretty sure Britann didn't know the difference! We took the kids to Shreveport and then to Hot Springs for the weekend with Aunt T and Uncle B and baby Lila. It turned out to be a lot of fun and Mitch and I were talking about it the other day it might have been one of our best memories with the kiddos together this far.

This is a picture of Britann's pig from Nikki and Pop. They are the sweetest great grandparents we could ask for and they had searched high and low for these pigs because you see they gave Addie Blaire a pink pig just like them when she was a baby and they were determined that all the kiddos would have a piggy bank just alike. I really appreciate all the effort they went to because I had searched for a "propane pig" on the Internet with no luck so I was giving up hope on ever finding anymore. Thanks so much guys. This little outfit came from my friend Laci and unfortunately we waited late to try it on so it was getting a little snug but how precious is that!! These are some of the pictures from the zoo we went to in Shreveport. It was a little petting zoo that Christi and Mendy had told us about. It was a lot of fun because the kiddos got to pet the animals and feed them ice cream cones. Addie thought that was pretty cool cause she is a big fan of those herself. The goats were all over us. The kangaroo was my favorite. I don't think I have ever seen one up close and it was pretty unique. Addie and I just sat there and stared at it she didn't really know what to think, except she kept waiting for a baby to jump out of its pouch!!














It was a little warm that day so I guess Brit decided to try and catch a few rays on that belly.



After the zoo we went to the science museum there was lots to see and do there. I just wish Mitch and I had been smart enough to figure them out!!
We had the chance to take Addie to her first planetarium and it was very interesting (and a little long) the woman tailored the program just for her. As you can tell by the picture I realize we were in the dark but I think that we were all half asleep before it was over. Really cool but as Mitch says I wish we all liked our jobs as much as that woman did the world would be a happier place!




All I could think of was NYC and the movie "big" as she played on this thing.


We fit in a little shopping and had a great hotel that connected to the shops so when the kiddos got tired we just went back to the room.
Addie Blaire still says her favorite part was the ride on the carousel.




Britann even took her first spin on one. When we returned home we left for Hot Springs to meet baby Lila and get pictures in the tulips. It had turned pretty cold that day and Addie was without a nap (as you can tell by her eyes in the pics) so it was a brisk walk through for us.
Such a pretty place for pictures if you have never been I recommend it!
How cool is this bridge, you can't tell it from the pic but the twigs intertwine all the way around and over the top of it.

Terri and Bracy wanted us to see a new section of the park that we had never been to before, however they forgot to mention it might be a little tricky with strollers, so it made for several laughs and maneuvers to make it through. I blog so that I can use this as my picture album for my kiddos and I learned recently through a friend not to worry about what I look like in the pictures because it is about the memories and the experiences that I want my kids to remember! So no apologies for the bare face and unkept hair (THanks NeNe!!) This was the trip that changed it all for me. I invested in a double stroller the next week. It has changed my world for the better!
























My grandmother and mom stopped by the condo for visit on Saturday and it was so nice to have us all together so we wanted to take a few pictures while we had all the women in the same place. However, once again no apologizes for the unkept girls in photos) My sister may feel differently once she sees this picture on here though!









This is a picture of the babies. My sister says this reminds her of my parents, Britann (being my hairless dad and Lila my jet black haired mom.) I guess I do see a little resemblance!


2 comments:

Melinda Fowler said...

Beautiful! You share such a sweet life! It's wonderful to get these glimpses into your family!

Rich and Renee said...

and you still have the prettiest bare face ever!! i love all of the new pictures. and those girls, so beautiful, just like their mama! love you lots, renee