Wednesday, July 15, 2009

4th of July fun!

We enjoyed our weekend at the lake with friends and family. My friend Jessica and her family came to stay with us. The guys golfed and the girls layed by the pool. It was lots of fun! We even tried tubing for the first time with Addie Blaire!
Addie Blaire and I getting ready for the night.
This picture is actually from a couple of weeks ago when we went with some other friends to the fishing derby for kids at the Fish Hatchery. It was very warm and crowded so our fishing experience was very short lived. We had a short walk to the pond and Addie Blaire dragged her fishing pole the whole way.
I have enjoyed this summer so much with Addie Blaire on the lake. She is loving hanging out on the boat and even has started asking to go to the condo all the time. I am so glad that she is beginning to enjoy it as much as her mommy and daddy do!
Addie Blaire and Sara Katherine eating watermelon on the boat. I thought it was a great idea until the next day when our boat was invaded by ants!
I decided to let Addie Blaire try the tube out. It seemed to be so much fun that I thought we should give it a try. I put her on there and I don't know if she knew what to think about it until it started going. She loved it, even though we were probably only going 5 mph. I thought she had enough so I told them to stop and we started to get off, she started crying. I thought she was scared and then she started crying and trying to crawl back on again. She loved it, so I ended up riding a little longer than intended! Jess and SK having some fun on the tube.
Elise, SK, Addie Blaire, and Griffin at the Fisherman's Wharf. I have never seen kids have that much fun at a resturant, nor seen people around us so ready to see a group of people leave!
Tired after a big weekend.
We went straight to the fireworks at the church when we returned home. I helped put tatoos on all the kiddos while Addie Blaire made herself at home with all the kids there.
She loved the fireworks, however the ones that kind of sound like a grenade going off, were not her favorites, a little too noisy for her . I think she screamed though them all though. It is so much fun watching her these days, I sometimes forget to watch what we are there for because it is so much fun to see this exact smile on her face!
We left directly from this at about 9pm to go home and pack for our Florida trip. My parents were waiting on us a the house and we left out about midnight and made it there about 8am on Sunday. It was a long weekend but a great start to a wonderful vacation.......

No comments: