Tuesday, June 25, 2019

March Madness!

Actually this post is more than just March, maybe it should be titled Jan-March 2019 because this is just me trying to play catch up on several posts and way too behind to try too hard.  I am doing my best to play catch up and also not leave anything out so some of the specifics you will have to give me some grace on.  I am also sure that some of this is out of chronological order but at least it is there!!  So let's get started we have a lot to catch you up on!

A little time at Avery's bday with Miss Arkansas!
B and her dad took to the horse races twice this season but if you ask her she is a veteran fan.  This girl is circling horses names in her dad's brochure and picking horses like she has been doing it for years.  I think dad my have a buddy on his hand in years to come...I think it also doesn't hurt that dad let's her gets lots of snacks and goodies while she is there.  Hey win, win for this girl I don't blamer her!

A little weekend fun with a hometown friend, Jillian.

and just because...
We went for a Sunday afternoon hike at the new Northwoods Trail..gorgeous scenery and much needed sunshine this winter!

Another cotillion...almost over..just one more month!
Dad even got to go and get a little practice before the daddy daughter dance next month.
I am not sure why this photos were on my phone but might as well post them. We are starting to get the house in order.  We have more of our furniture here now and no more blow ups so I count that as progress.





And more volleyball, and more volleyball.  The season and all the pics sort of ran together for me so I just figured I would post them all here.  We played a total of 6 tournaments in Conway and still have the final big tournament to go in Hot Springs.  These girls are improving and learning so much about the game.






AB and I spent the night at my old camp, Camp Tanako for a night wither her confirmation class for the annual retreat.  It was fun but I don't miss those bunk beds!

B got to attend Lila's bday party in Little Rock at her mom's friends store in the heights.  They played little chef's for the night.  So fun...


While she was there, Mitch and I went with AB to the Jewish synagogue where we attended a service with her confirmation class and even got to see the scrolls.  It was pretty amazing to see and the history behind their religion and the traditions they hold so close.  Glad to have had this experience.
Happy Valentine's Day for these two lovebugs!

B's Valentine box

AB's Valentines
B's Valentines
and their Valentine's cards


Class party time!

The next one zillion photos are from AB's Spring Ball.  They come in no specific order just how they posted so it maybe hard to follow.  This girl even got her hair down for the night.  It turned out so cute!


And she had one pretty HOT date, if I do say so!
A group of girls met up for the night at the restaurant at the Embassy Suites for a nice dinner before the dance.  They had fun playing dress up and being fancy as much as us mom's enjoyed watching them.



But at some point she did get fed up with the photos...this probably should have come later on when you have seen the last of them..if that happens!  Remember this is my photo album of sorts but with a few extra words.

oh you know, just one of the many selfies I am finding on my phone these days.










These two really do love each other...and these girls love their dad the mostest.  I think his sense of humor keeps them on their toes more than anything.







B was so excited to have the chance to participate in the black light class called Illuminate at church this year.  They performed for the service one Sunday morning and it was simply amazing!!!  They worked so hard and it was totally worth it!











My dad, so proud of his hard work to see this merger with the ASU system happen.  He has been Chairman of the Board for College of the Ouachitas for several years and this has been a significant role that he has taken on to ensure they have a strong future.
B participated in a cheerleading camp during basketball season and they got to perform a dance at halftime for the crowd.  




Ash Wednesday Service with my girls!
Mitch and I made it down for a night at BBB, I couldn't miss it!  I may not work there anymore but this place will always have a special place in my heart, along with all these sweet people in Hope.
It was a derby themed event so facinators and bow ties..or polka dot ties whichever works.
Geared up and ready for spring break...but first some St. Patrick's day fun

The perfect start to the day at the Lila Kate 5k



WE finished in record time this year...maybe that was due to Charlie helping us along.  She never stopped running.
That afternoon Brandee and her family joined us for some Spa City fun starting out at the alligator farm.



Followed by a little putt putt

And ending with the worlds shortest St. Patrick's day parade featuring one of my long time favorites, Ralph Machio (?) not sure how to spell his name but who could forget the Karate Kid!!


There he is!!!!!!!
Now we are headed off to Chi Town for a chilly good time!

No comments: