Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Christmas Festivites!!

The Christmas season, as always, seems to fly by as we move from one festivity to the next.  This year we were so proud to start the season off with a performance from our children's choir on Sunday morning.  All the kids did a wonderful job but I was especially proud of AB because she had the only solo that day.  She got up that morning and as we were fixing her hair she mentioned maybe she should practice her solo...me: solo, what solo??  freaking out about 10 minutes before we head out the door.  We hadn't practiced a solo!!  And sure enough she had a few lines to sing all on her own, this would be a first for her in front of an audience and none the less at the pulpit microphone.  I was a nervous wreck but I must say she handled it like a pro.  She was so proud of herself but not near as proud as her dad and I were.  This girl has no fear and I am sure it will only be the first of many solos she performs.  I just hate the video won't attach to prove it..! 
The next evening was our Christams Salad Supper at church and the older girls were asked to help serve coffee.  AB and Darby did a great job and will probably replace us moms next year!!
They even got to hear our evening's speaker Miss Allie Graves from Texarkana who spoke about her time in foster care and how adoption had changed her life.  She was a great speaker and an equally good vocalist..this young lady is going to really do something special I have no doubt.
Our little elves up to more trickery....

And then that next Wednesday  it was time for the full program that the kids had been rehearsing on Wednesday nights.  I was so excited to see it because they had been keeping it all a secret from me.  They were so excited to have their cousins in the performance with them. 
I was so busy taking videos of the singing that I didn't get many good pictures during the show.  Little B was doing some moving and shaking though.  She even had her first duet with her cousin Julia.  They did a great job and who knows she may decide to take up singing just like big sis one day!  I know that took a lot of guts at her age so I think it was pretty cool to see her step up to the microphone and a surprise she hadn't told us she was doing that til that evening!
All the kids did a great job and the show was soooo cute!  I loved all the rapping the sheep did as well.

The crew...it was a small group so they even doubled up roles, now that takes talent!
B and Julia
AB and her angels
And my two shining stars!!
Bob and Sheshe
Nicki and Pop
and Nana and Pop were all there and all smiles watching these two perform!!
But none probably as proud as me...and Mitch but he was already eating cookies by the time we took this pic..heheheh!!
AB and Lydia
That weekend we took the girls to their first U of A basketball game in Little Rock.  It was a sold out crowd which made for a really fun, loud evening.  The girls managed to catch all the razorbacks who were even in their Christmas attire that night.

B had to make sure she caught Sooie...she is her favorite!!
The last week of school is always a busy one with parties and programs but I try to make them all if possible.  I met this cute crew at the local nursery home where they entertained residents with Christmas carols.

And even gave out lots of hugs afterwards!
B and Julia
And a selfie sent from her teacher on the bus...these three are trouble...guaranteed!
Nana and Pop came down for the afternoon and brought Zoe home for the day.  B was glad to see her and wanted to pose with her just like AB had done years ago.  We love our Zoe, almost 15 years we have had her and though she has trouble getting around these days I am just not quite ready to say goodbye.   She has been one special, unique dog that will never be forgotten!
A few treats brought to us by neighbors that we shared with friends at school..how cute are these?!
And our poor little gingerbread house that we made thanks to a night at Anna Lee's house.
Christmas party time for the girls and I helped with B's party that morning.  Look at the precious presents their teacher Ms. Beaty made for them all...and by made I mean HANDMADE!  They will all be warm this winter.
As you can tell they all like her just a little bit..
My cute little pajama elf!!  She loves pj day and so do I we went and ahead and prepared the night before so no getting ready that morning!!
We did a few types of hot chocolate and lots of goodies.. yummy!
And then we presented Ms. Beaty with her gifts, a bag for shopping and a little sign that reminds us of all those teachers do for us each day!
Playing a few reindeer games before we leave.

And then I went to hang with AB in her classroom where they were watching movies and eating snacks.
AB had three gifts to hand out to all her teachers and I think they were equally excited about their gifts!
The next day we kicked off Christmas break (and a my break, hallelujah!) with lunch at Tailgater's where the girls insisted on bringing their elves on a shelf.  They probably got a little hungry in those jars watching us eat.
 
That afternoon my girls and I spent baking cookies of all kinds for what we had in store that night.  We invited the Coffee girls over and we bagged up all the cookies put them on a tray, made a sign about Heifer International, and then started going door to door Christmas caroling and handing out goodies for donations.  These girls sang their hearts out (another time I wish I could upload a photo) I think I heard them sing one family about 4 different songs...all verses!!  I do know one thing is for sure that night they brought lots of joy to many people!  I had so many comments on social media and text messages from those that heard them thanking us for doing something that seems to be forgotten.  It was so nice to sit in the car and listen to these girls take the lead and truly do it all on their own, but in the process be raising money for a cause close to our hearts. 
Just another pic I received from someone.  And can you believe that we ended going for hours until about 8:30 when it was getting late I took them all to Taco Bell for dinner where we sat and counted the donations they had gathered...drum roll please....$350 was taken up that night by these girls!!  Is that not amazing?!!!  We were able to go online and donate two goats, two flocks of chickens, one bundle of bees and a group of fishlings to families in need.  It is amazing what a group of kids can do...sometime we adults underestimate the power of what  these kiddos are capable of when they set their minds to it.  I am so proud of them all for their hearts full of love and JESUS!!  What a way to start off Christmas break!
The next morning we headed out to Little Rock to do some Christmas shopping and have a girls day with all the cousins. 
we started that afternoon off with pedicures for everyone...even little June.
Then followed it up with a super yummy dinner at Bravo where the girls made their own bread.  I myself love this place!!

After dinner we headed back to Aunt T's house where we all changed into pjs, got some coffee and piled into my car to go check out the Christmas lights.  The first stop is an annual one in North Little Rock where really the pictures don't even do it justice.  You have to see it to believe it!  This man outdoes himself every year.  I am not sure an inch of space on that lot is not covered.  The girls were doing a scavenger hunt for Christmas lights and I think their walk around here almost covered them all. 




 
He even has the whole garage covered in Village pieces, it is huge looks like New York City.  This is by far my favorite part.  I know what work that is considering some years my collection doesn't even make it out of the box. 
The next morning we met up with Abbey, Lindsey, my mom, Aunt Bettye, Aunt Melina and Aunt Sandy at the pottery studio in the Heights for some crafting.

The girls both did a great job on theirs...

Then we followed up with lunch at Zaza's and then on to the public library for a dance party.  Abbey brought the girls the sweetest gift from New York City.  Chelsea Clinton's new book "She Persisted" filled with stories of girls and women who went on to follow their dreams and do some amazing things.  Love how this book empowers all these young ladies to dream big!!  Thanks Abbey!
 That weekend we returned to the "Spa City" and the girls went for there first massage with Sheshe.  They were very unsure about the whole idea in the beginning, but have since changed there minds!  Spoiled rotten..(now I just want mine!)
 A night on the town in Hot Springs checking out all the lights.
Now back home for a Merry Christmas EVE to all and to all a good night!!

No comments: