Thursday, October 27, 2016

Mexico 2016...ADIOS AMIGOS!

And we are off for an adventure like no other...5:30 am!  We spent the night before with the Hill's so we could be near the airport.  The girls are so excited to be using their passports for the very first time.  Mexico here we come, ready for some toes in the sand and good times with friends.
Flight one to Atlanta done..now on to Mexico.  These kids were pros in that big airport!


Touchdown in Mexico
Now for the rest of the trip... a little ride in the bus to the resort..the kids loved the double decker!
Now ready for check in and a fruity beverage!!  Love how the receptionist photo bombed us in the background!
Of course ice cream was first on their list after they realized the self serve was at their disposal 24-7!
View from lunch..
The huge pool we got to lounge by each day
The kiddo area where we spent even more time!!
Everyone took to the beach and exploring the resort the first day.








Dinner the first night and a fabulous steakhouse (even though I don't eat steak...the rest was good if you know what I mean)
Early morning time on the beach.. it was a little bright so these girls were having trouble.
Worst idea ever is to go barefoot on this thing when you are pedaling like crazy over these waves by yourself with two children!  But we did it, i have the blisters to prove it!

Dad had a better idea!





I really wanted the girls to experience blue water, like crystal clear water because they had never seen that before and it turned out to be both a blessing and a curse.  The good part was they thought it was beautiful and loved seeing the fish the negative was they saw the fish!  I tried to tell them that in the lake they are used to fish swim around them all the time they just can't see it. They didn't work so well there or when we got home and they no longer wanted to swim out in the middle of the lake anymore!  But they did get used to it we even swam right next to a barracuda!!



 




Our lovely casa for the week!






The kids table at dinner...each night we were lucky enough to find a new restaurant and selection of food.  This nigh it was seafood, another night Italian and then of course for the boys we had to have steaks!


And one of the highlights of the trip for me...after all these years and all the failed attempts for it to happen...I finally got to swim with dolphins!  It was so awesome and I loved every second of it!
Notice dad is not in photographs...he was too cool to try it!

A little smooch right on the smacker!


















These faces are the reason it is so much fun quadrupled by 1000!!!!





 And to the other highlight of the trip...the sea turtles.  I thought it was a joke when someone told me to steal the bananas off the buffet in the mornings to feed the sea turtles so as I swam out their treading water with bananas in hand I was feeling rather foolish.  But just when I was about to give up I saw it...coming straight for me...it was huge!  I must say something about being that close to a giant sea turtle was surreal.  I couldn't get enough they teased me all week because that is all I wanted to do each time we came to the beach.  I had bananas and crackers in hand to attract these awesome sea creatures!  The girls got in on it too and they were hooked.  The only time I guess I got a little nervous was when that barracuda decided it was hungry too...I think I treaded very quickly that time around!

Brit up close and personal




Even dad wasn't so sure about the fish!
The coolest open air double decker bus that took us around the huge property.  It had 5 different resorts all in one.  So we visited each one trying out new restaurants and things for the kids!
Lucky for everyone I found a show one night after dinner that I just knew would be a big hit...and hit it wasn't but entertaining it definitely was!  This young Hispanic fellow played a mighty mean Michael Jackson impersonator...but I would say as you can see by the pictures he might have needed to improve on his moonwalk a bit for our taste.  But perform he did...unfortunately I wasn't ask to pick any other activities after that!






They even had a disco just for kids!

And the kids camp on property was great!  These kids were on a treasure hunt when I spotted them equipped with their own swords!




 
 I feel in love with the modern décor and beautiful artwork displayed all over the resort!
 


Hanging out at the pool with some new friends we met from Oregon.
Unfortunately we waited a little too late to take all the beach pictures this year so they are all a bit grainy.  However, if Molly ever gets me hers then I might have some better one to switch out!  Hint, hint!

 The whole gang!
 





 Also let it be said that going with two women who are 5 foot tall vs. 5'9" makes it no fun for pictures!!!


New pen pals from all the way from Oregon!

And then before we knew it time was up and back to reality we went...dragging our feet the whole way!

From beginning to end this was one of my very favorite trips of all time!  I had some of my most favorite people in the world with me which made the exploring and sightseeing even better then I had hoped for.  AB's shirt says it perfectly...Take me to Paradise!  Hopefully it won't be long my dear.  Here's to the next adventure for the Bobo's !!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have gone to that resort the past two winters and absolutely love it there. Looks like you had a great time also.