Friday, August 5, 2016

Vegas Baby!

I guess by #13 this about says it all...this is what our marriage has come down to...we don't do presents or flashy gifts..just cards.  And for those that know us those mushy ones will never do...so we go for those humorous cards the ones that will make you laugh..the ones that are what REAL marriage is about.  This year apparently has been a year of solidarity for Mitch and I...I that's what 13 long years will do for ya!  But to see us both pull out the very same card...just proof we were made for each other!  Happy lucky #13 to my ever loving, silly, funny to the point of making my insides hurt, caring so much to never let a booboo go by without a kiss, and patient to the point of watching 3 girls (plus said girl dog) get ready each day, all the while loving each one of his girls like nobody else could!   
To celebrate Mitch and I took a VERY last minute (and by that I mean booked tickets two days before) to Las Vegas with a group of friends to celebrate birthday and our anniversary...#13 to be exact!  We headed out that Thursday morning early for a long weekend of relaxation and good times! And as usual Jeff had the go pro in action from the beginning to capture all the fun.
We Started off the trip at a burger joint Mitch saw featured on food network.  I think it was Diners, Drive Ins and Dives called Bachi Burger.  I of course am not a burger kind of girl but from the looks of everyone's plates before and after I would say it was a hit!  I am pretty sure no one left hungry!
then off to the Aria for some games for the boys and sight seeing for the girls.


The strip at night really can't be missed!  All the lights and action are just something you should see at least once whether or not Vegas is a place you would enjoy.  We enjoy the restaurants and shows and shopping so I can always find something to do!

Funny story...as you can tell by the pic.  No we didn't go to some show that you are probably thinking we did in Vegas these guys were on the street taking pictures with all the ladies walking by and once we finally stopped giggly long enough we got a pic with them...there were lots of silly outtakes before trying to keep a straight face.  No worries though ...our husbands were the ones taking the pictures!!
Mitch even meet a friend or two on our walks down the strip.  Mitch and I enjoyed getting to go for early morning runs down the strip together....something we never get to do back home.
The guys found a place that they would probably have liked to tour a little longer!
The girls did lots of sightseeing since this was Erin's first time to Vegas...and we might have managed to do a little shopping as well!


The first night we got quite a deal on tickets for our last minute booking so we headed straight to the show minus hair and makeup after a long hot walk down the strip.  We were joined by our husbands for "O" and it was omazing!!  For those that don't know this is a Cirque de Soleil show that is set on water.  it was seriously one of the best shows I have ever seen in my life!  I would highly recommend to anyone looking for something different.  The acts were so talented and the sets were out of this world!
We felt like the president and first lady sitting in our fancy box seats...which we got for half price!!


The next morning was more sightseeing and shopping before lunch.
Love the Wynn and all it floral décor...
Followed by lunch at the Venetian...right next to the gondolas!
That night we had dinner at the Bellagio...and the food was amazing.  I wish I could remember the name of the restaurant...but I was too busy chowing down to pay attention!
And then on to another Friday night show...that was a wee bit different for this girl.  But interesting no doubt!

The view from our room was pretty spectacular!
 
Mitch and I had a little dinner date the next day at Olives at the Bellagio...to say it was the perfect lunch for me would be an understatement.  This was the view from our table on the balcony as we were serenaded by the water show and my meal was one of my favorite meals on the trip.  Although no one else understands that because it was a watermelon salad...but steak girl I am not so it truly was delish!


My watermelon salad was too die for!!
That last evening was one of my favorites for two reasons.  We ate dinner at the famous Joe's Stone Crab and then my #1 reason we took on the "High Roller" on the strip.  For those that are familiar this is one of the world's largest ferris wheels.  Each unit holds around 20 people and takes about 30 minutes to rotate all the way around but the views from the top well you can kind of see for yourself...amazing!

Fun times. Good times. Great friends #can't wait to do it again....soon, real soon!! Happy #13 honey!!  here's to at least a few more...hehehehe!

No comments: