Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Tball and Field Trips

Well it has been one busy spring...with tball and softball Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and then trying to fit in a little fun on the weekends it feels like we haven't stopped.  But I wouldn't trade a thing because I love watching these girls play ball and make new friends.  It was a good year for AB as her team finished 1st in the league and for B as her team did great while still continuing to learn about the game of softball.

Our precious little tball team...they did such a good job this year and brought home some awesome memories!

Nicki and Pop never missed one!
AB's team photo
Our support crew for the games were always there for us!

A little tea time with Nana.  Nana had bought an auction item from church for the girls a tea party at a home and so while Mitch and I were gone the girls decided to celebrate.  Love all the hats... even Nana's!



AB's school play.. proud of my little cheerleader!

The girls spent some time with Nana and Pop while Mitch and I were out of town and they don't seem to have missed us at all!

This post is somewhat backwards given that these pics from Frozen were on Sunday and the below pics from Friday and Saturday so stay with me on this I am to lazy to fix it.  But Terri and I planned a Mother's day treat for us all some months ago as Frozen on Ice was announced to be in Little Rock.  We decided what better way to celebrate all the mom's then with a day together with our girls.  We had a great time and I can honestly say this was the best show on ice I have ever seen.  The show went through the whole movie and the special effects were amazing.  I wish my pictures of some of those had turned out a little better to share.  We had a great time and the girls loved getting to dress up like their favorite Disney sisters.









Early mother's day cake made by AB
Even Zoe spent some time in LR with us watching Miss Lila dance.
Lila's dance recital in LR... wouldn't have missed seeing this girl do her thing!
Lila's support crew!
I was so excited this spring to get to introduce AB and her class to Winnamocka.  It was my home for a summer as a counselor many years ago and then even through college as I came back and worked events.  I knew many schools did field trips to this wonderful place and so we visited with the 3rd and 4th graders for a day field trip and these kids had a blast.  They got to hike through the woods and caves, learn about the frontier, have war at the fort, try out a tree house and go on a treasure hunt.  It was truly and experience I hope they all remember and take with them for many years to come.  for me it was a great chance for AB to see something that was one of my favorite memories from college because we had many laughs and lots of moments together at this place.  I highly recommend for all kids to spend some time at this good ole adventure camp one summer.  You won't be disappointed!


High ropes adventures..but we didn't do that thankfully!  however I spent some not so wonderful times up in these trees and let me tell you it is no joke.  I overcame a bunch of fears that summer!
A view from the top of the swiss family robinson treehouse
Poor Nana got a little scared in the cave and I had to come rescue her via cell phone flashlight!


Treasure hunting
Nicki explaining the rules of Winnamocka in Fort Jackson where I spent many nights.

fort wars...one of my all time favorite activities when I worked at Winnamocka.  The girls would attack or defend the fort against the boys and we had the best time.  These girls did a great job up against their enemies.. of course the boys were a little outnumbered.

 SO until next time...

No comments: