Friday, April 29, 2016

Girls Trip


February 18th.... brought on one of my favorite events each year...Beads, Bags Brings it all Back was the theme this year.  It was the 10th year for this event and I am so glad to head up a committee of women who want to see the Kids' college program do well.  This year we brought several things back from years' past like a lip reader, a BUTT Sketch artist and it was cool and not at all realistic to size), the Harley where everyone posed, the Hot dogs from New York year, the Pecan pies from bayou year, the genie from the Moroccan year, and the piano man from the Bogart year.  It really was a lot of fun!  Here is a pic of the girls doing their best to climb the biggest magnolia tree in the US...i really think this is true.  It is out at Old Washington and worth the drive to just see!
Brit and the hot dog cart!
Me and my girls showing our speed!
The entire committee of ladies that are a huge help to me!
Here are a few pics from the night.... our lady each year changes themes and this year it was a little mix and match of it all
 A few of the awesome auction items we have each year.
 the piano man
 the gypsy


And that weekend the girls spent the night at nana and pops and the next day we made what might be our last trip out to the farm.  Pop has decided retirement shouldn't mean working all day and night and missing out on vacations with the family like last year so he is going to sale the equipment and try to life live a little less stressed.  I am sure he will keep some of his toys for his sanity and OURS!  But I have many memories on the farms at Friendship, AR where i was raised.  My grandparents, parents and I have spent so much time in Friendship so it is sort of bitter sweet for us all.  But as farming changes so must we...but i will never and can never replace the memories that this land my families have owned for years will carry with me and now my children!
Blue dog has always been the girls favorite part of the farm...luckily he is living the high life now on someone's couch!  So he got the best end of the deal for sure!
So farewell to an era and hello to grandpa...so glad to have him back with us!
and now to a little different scenery!  The BEACH!!!  I have waited for so long and the time has finally come Girl's trip 2016.  Ten girls loaded up and headed for the shores of 30A for a long weekend of fun at the Thomason place.  I loved every second of it, the long walks on the beach (uninterrupted) sleep (also uninterrupted) and coffee on the patio.  Just makes me want to do it all over again!
Toes in the sand...
and friends in tow!
We took a trip down 30a to see all the sights.  We did some sightseeing in Rosemary Beach and a little shopping too!

and then the silliness ensued and we just giggled and giggled the rest of the night.  I had to include these so one day I could say "see kids moms know how to have fun too!"
You have been warned!

and then dinner with friends at my favorite Great Southern!
I am not really sure what Allision and I were doing here but it made for some hilarious photos!!

and then back to bed for some girl time in pjs!

and I even manged to get a little makeover by Allison




an awesome lunch on the patio!
and then the race...a half like no other.  The scenery was good but the route didn't seem to get any shorter the further i ran!  I did get my best time that i know of which was a little under a 10 minute mile pace.  For me slow poke that is actually good.  I did it in 2 hours and a 8 or so minutes.
thanks to my friends i got some finish line photos too!

Last day on the beach...we went to watch the sunset.




It was a great get away with some great ladies..unfortuantely we aren't girls anymore...but some memories that will last forever.  I can't wait to go back again!
And to finish a few photos from my week back.  I got to go to biscuits and gravy for mom...thank goodness they got rid of those muffins!  This is more my style.  Love these two cutie pies!

and then we had our fundraiser in Hot Springs for David Adams that weekend.  I just had to take a picture by the sign..i think it says it all Jill Bobo Fundraiser!  I mean it really is all about me...I knew it!
The next weekend we had movie night to see one of the cutest movies Zootopia with friends.
And on Sunday afternoon we enjoyed a little round of golf with dad.  The weather was great for the first of March so we took advantage!

Now on to spring Break!!

No comments: