Thursday, April 28, 2016

February fun!

What better way to kick off February than a little ice cream with cousins.  Mason and Max spent the day with us in Hot Springs and we took him to all our favorite spots.
These two love each other...big love!
My girls...Such a proud mom moment when both your girls get awards.

AB all A's and the Gentleness award..all too appropriate!  I mean i love that others see her kind heart...I know this girl has many wonderful opportunities ahead of her.
B got most improved...she has made such huge strides in her learning this year.  She came to class not knowing many of the sounds the letters make and how to write all her letters and she has amazed me at all she can do now.  I am so proud of her desire to learn and her eagerness to go to school each day.
Scary photo alert and i am not referring to the dog....but this is the best selfie Zoe and i got on our mother/ daughter spa day.  I had the privilege of getting to bath her myself and let me tell you it was a real treat.  Sadly, I used to do these things with her all the time but on our morning together in the spa city that day this ole girl was treated like a queen.  I can't believe she will be 13 next month...and on 3 legs that is a challenge!
That afternoon the weather was amazing and dad was at the horse races so the girls and I did some exploring.  We ran into an old friend Brady Baker at the alligator farm.  He was bringing in a little something he had found and let the girls get their hands on it.
The alligator farm has a little bit for everyone so the girls started with the more tame animals first to warm up.

and then before long AB moved on to the big guy!  As you can tell by little sis's face in the background she wasn't quite as excited.
Freak out moment that we had for a sec...

Then back to all smiles while sis was warming up to him.
We think went on to explore the hot springs in Hot Springs!  I explained the best I knew how of the history of these magical and healing waters and they listened intently  as they dipped their fingers in the hot waters.
A little hike on top of the world!

and back to the bathhouses for some relaxation.
The next day we took dad along and the girls completed a 4 mile hike through the mountain with us.

Little B got a bit of assistance along the way.

The next weekend we were off to Little Rock for the big #5 for Lila!
She had her party at River city gymnastics and these girls had the time of their lives playing in this foam.

The precious birthday girl!
Birthday girl selfie!  We even got to celebrate Pop while we were there...as he and Lila share the same bday!
and then before you knew here comes Valentine's day.  The girls and I pinterest'd all week until we found this and they had to have it for their classes.  I tried to make the labels myself and they turned out better than I would have expected with my skills.
And the best part is always getting to hand them out to the class.
B really racked up this year on Valentines.  She was having a horrible cold at the time but was so excited to get all her gifts from friends that she made it through.
B, Emerie and Zoe
and of course one of our favorites Mrs. Nations
AB and her treats ready for the class
The girls even got a little present from mom and dad at school.

Another one of our all time favorite teachers, Mrs. Adams.  She has been a blessing to my child this year and we are so thankful for her in AB's life.  She has grown so much this year in her educational level but also in her faith.  Mrs. Adams and Mrs. Nations are both wonderful role models for these girls of Godly woman and for that I am blessed!
That weekend we had a spa day in the spa city and the girls and i enjoyed a nice afternoon together for Valentines
followed by a Valentines' day dinner with friends.
and another with the fam that Sunday when the girls treated us to dinner!
Pop even stopped by with some goodies from the great grandparents too.
dinner a la candlelight...
and gifts from the kids.
and they even designed their own desserts!
I am so thankful for the love I receive not just on Valentines Day but everyday because of the children and husband I am blessed to call mine!!  Happy Valentines Day 2016!!  Can't wait til next year I am sure dad has something very special in store...hehehhe!!

No comments: