Friday, March 20, 2015

Ski Trip 2015

I can't believe it but after months of planning the time has finally come to board our plane and head west to Colorado for a fun filled week on the slopes (or so we hope).  These two ladies were up bright and early 4:50 am to be exact to make this 5:30am flight in Dallas.  We had driven in the night before which worked out to our advantage because got to hang in the big D for a night.  But here we go...up, up and away!
A little nervous because it was only their 2nd time to fly but more excited than anything.  B was so excited about the snow because she didn't go last year and this would be her first chance to see snow like this or so we thought..little did we know we would arrive home to Antarctica!!
 selfies on the plane

 so cute to see my girls and the Coffee girls walking through the airport all with their backpacks on...


 When we got to Denver we had time to do a little sightseeing before breakfast so we found a few spots that even the daddies seemed to enjoy.


 We stopped for breakfast at a "Siri" approved restaurant and it turned out to be seriously one of the best breakfast spots I have ever been to..and I am not a breakfast person so that is saying a lot!  you have to check it out if you are ever in Denver.
 my attempt at a pic in front of one of my top ten new favorite resturants!!
 A few of the sights on our drive from Denver to Copper Mountain.  It had been years since I had been to Colorado and it didn't disappoint.  It was beautiful!!


We made it!!!  Finally!!  And a beautiful day it was...

 Silly girls trying out all their ski rentals..
 Copper Mountain was so pretty!  I just loved the quaint nature of the town and how everything was in walking distance (although some walks were easier than others).  It was exactly what I love about ski trips, cozy fires, lots of snow, and beauty all around.  Not to mention some great restaurants!




 A little few from our deck

 All decked out and ready to take on the mountain.

 Ski School or bust...her we come and yes we probably will!

 B found it a little tough to manage all the gear...like the rest of us.  Those gloves just did not want to stay on and those ski boots are a challenge to say the least.
 First day of ski school!!

 Mitch and I even got a little one on one time which was pretty great in my book!
 B's first day of ski school,  she made it through most of the day which was an accomplishment in my book.  She had the sweetest teacher that was so patient and helped her so much.  I just know she is going to love it one day real soon..just wasn't today!!  AB on the other hand I never saw her teacher had her up on the mountain so fast I never got any pictures!




 First trip up the lift together.
 All God's glory was display on this day...sunshine, beautiful mountains and my family all there to enjoy!
 These two are one in the same!
 The whole group went to dinner at a Mexican resutrant one night and then went ice skating afterwards.  Only catch is we did it the redneck way in shoes...and boy did that make for some good times.  If only I had caught some of those spills on camera!!  Great time and great friends!




 The girls on the walk to ski school one morning...oh the scenery was just gorgeous!!!

 Lots of new fresh powder to enjoy...this was even a first for me on skis.  It is very different to get used to when you haven't done it before.
 Little B on her way up the magic carpet.  I got a few calls both days she went to ski school saying she was "in the TLC room and could use a little pep talk from mom" so I would come down cheer her up watch her eat lunch and then go back out to ski.  I finally told her one day I was going up the mountain and would be right back to watch her again and a few minutes later I got a call saying from the teacher "B said that you are taking too long to come back now"  oh my little B.....

 going...
 going...
 and she did it!!!
 The girls all split a room with four bunk beds which worked out great.
 Hot, hot tub time
 I think we finally wore them out..they were falling asleep at the table watching a movie.
 A few family pics..with B this year!!  So happy to have the whole crew on this trip this year.

 Last day on the slopes..let's make it count!

 My ski buddy on her first day of new fresh powdered snow.. a whole 6 to 8 inches of it!
 A little hot cocoa break on a chilly 9 degree day!!
 Hugs for mom on a job well done...( I mean me not her..I actually took her down the mountain by myself for the first time)
 Grace, Ellie and AB
 my little ski pro..by the last run of the day this kid was keeping up with all the other ones.  She really, really tried hard and improved so much this week.  She will be ready to take it all on next time!
 A little refreshments for the kiddos at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory after a long day.

 and just because she made it for the most part (just 2 calls to mom)through a whole days ski school..
 and boy was she happy, happy happy!
All the kiddos...I have attached several pics because I want you to see the many faces of my precious B...that kid has got it going on!



 The whole crew.  We had such a good time with everyone from the dinners and lunches we shared to the late night sledding we did the last evening.  It was a blast!  My only regret is that I don't have pictures of the sledding we did that last night. I think I could totally bribe some people if you heard or saw the screaming pics of not just the kids but the adults coming down that mountain...me included!
 Crazy pic
 This would have been the high for the day that day...can we say brrrr!!

 So long Copper Mountain..it make take us a year to warm up but we will be back again..too much fun not to come back very soon...

No comments: