Friday, November 21, 2014

Halloween 2014!

B had a few days off from school in October and she got to spend them with mom and dad.  She even got to help daddy at work! (boy was he shocked when she even got up in the equipment with his employee Roger.)
She even came by mom's office for a bit..
We headed to Hot Springs that weekend and made the trip to Magic Screams.  It was sooo much fun!  The girls and I did all the haunted houses (yes, even B went in.)  I couldn't believe how brave she was.  I had been telling AB about how I used to be in a haunted house in college and she was so interested in what that was that I had to show her.  I must say it was the most fun I had in a long time!




AB was so nervous...she said there was no way she could drive and I told her I was getting in the back seat so either she or B was driving.  She decided to take the wheel!

but the highlight of the night was when B went up on stage in front of several hundred people in to enter the costume contest.  I couldn't believe she went on stage all by herself and even told the mc her name and costume..he couldn't understand her so I had to explain.  I thought it would have been a given considering the costume!!  Anyways, I kept telling her after she was done that we should probably go because it was getting late but she wanted to stay til the end.  It took a while because there were sooo many kids but as they started to call out the winners of the competition i heard them say and the grand prize winner the gumball machine!  I had already taken her costume off so we were rushing to put it back on for her to go on stage...and to top it off she won a season pass for next year!!  Needless to say she was so excited!!  She even said later that night that " I so proud of myself!"  PRICELESS...
That week at school was grandparents day so AB was surrounded by her grandparents and even great grandparents.
Nicki and Pop Powell
Bobo and Sheshe

and pop and nana.  Actually Nana was taking all the pictures but forgot to get one of AB with she and pop.  But they stayed the whole time and even got to meet her teacher and see her classroom.  I think AB is a pretty lucky girl to have all these people around her that love her sooo much!
The kids performed several songs for the grandparents..AB was so excited because they each got a little solo to sing.
B finally got to eat her Sofia that was left over from her party...yes, that was a month ago but it was still in the fridge so we had to get the annual picture (look back at previous years.. we save the princess, mermaid whatever it is on top) to eat later.  Don't worry just a quick bite and it headed to the trash because I'm not sure we could ever get B to bed with all that sugar!
The Sunday before Halloween we finally had a chance to carve our pumpkins and our favorite make pumpkin seeds.  The girls love them and they had them in their lunches all week long.  It was alot of fun and turned out to be quite the neighborhood affair.
Trunk or treat at our church...well this year it was more of a treat without the trunks but the kids had a great time.  They had lined up several activities for everyone including a hay ride, horse rides and a few crafts.

B's Halloween parade at school..lots of cuteness in this picture.
She did such a good job marching around with her class.
 

and loved the pizza party afterwards even more!
That night on a whim Erin, Allison and I made a quick trip to holiday house in LR.  It was a lot of fun, not many finds but lots of laughs which was even better.
The next day was Halloween so we did our yearly trip to Nicki and Pop's house with all the other cousins for some pictures and trick or treating in the neighborhood.  This year was even more fun because Mason and Max were in town so we loved having them with us.  All these cousins...it is pretty cook to have so many kiddos in the family all the same ages.  They love getting together every chance we get.
The Whitlocks and Griffins were with us as well. 

My little Elsa and the gumball machine!  I was so glad that both the girls loved their costumes so much this year.  I let them pick them out and AB decided on Elsa right away but wanted B to be Ana of course and be looked right at us and said "no, I am going to be a gumball machine." I have no idea where she came up with this idea but it stuck and she never changed her mind so I went to googling and sure enough landed on this clever costume.  I don't think she took it off from the time in came in the mail!  AB also was pleased with the costume I found on the Internet because it was a little different then some of the others.  She said she felt "beautiful" therefore mission accomplished!  One funny story about her costume...as we were getting ready that evening with Ana Carol "ana" on one side I suggested that AB wear tights like she was because it could be cold that night and she looked back at me and in a quick moment busted out with a line from Frozen "the cold never bothered me anyways!"  I guess you would have to see the movie to understand but this one has quite the quick wit she does!


This is not the best family photograph..mom and dad look like two lumberjacks in the back!  But, of course, Nicki is always one for a photograph which is probably a good thing because we wouldn't have any otherwise.
The whole crew loaded up and ready to take down the candy!
and a little more trick or treating and eating at friends before we headed home to call it a night.
The next morning we were up early because Mitch and I had a wedding in Fayetteville to get to so we dropped the girls off at Nana and pops and these are the pictures we got while they were there.  It appears that they had a great time with their cousins and were spoiled rotten as usual!! I think baby J has become B's newest obsession!!  Can't you tell..


and last but not least..if you can see them in all their camouflage..camo day at school. My poor girls don't have a lick of camo so thanks to the neighbor for hooking B up with this sweet deer (and her ruffled pants) that's as close as we get to the real thing! 
A family bike ride topped of the afternoon!!  AB has finally learned to ride her bike HALLELUJAH!!!  If you only knew how many times I have held on to her around the neighborhood, we are talking years here people!!  This is a huge stinkin deal!!  She cried and said she never wanted to learn and now that she has I can't keep her off of it!  Luckily, the neighbor who just so happens to be very pregnant right now has a bike with a seat that she is letting me borrow so it is quite the sight to see us coming but AB is loving her new found freedom and so is my poor back (teaching a kid to ride a bike is no joke!)
And so until next time we'll keep pedaling on....

No comments: