Monday, October 13, 2014

Farewell for now...Grandma Bass

I have trouble with posts like this one.  I struggle to know what to say and just how to sum up someone in one post.  How do you describe someone that you called your grandmother, a woman that was always there for me every step of the way.  She was always my biggest cheerleader.  The first person to tell me how proud of me she was in basically anything I chose to pursue, a woman who was the first to ask me if I something to drink or eat before I ever walked in the door, a woman who became such a loving and caring great grandmother to my children as well.  She was always so proud of her family and of her career in sales.  She worked hard and enjoyed her quiet time with my grandfather.  She was a skilled UNO player who taught me everything I know in Yahtzee.  She will forever be missed by us all.  I know that her caring, nurturing ways are just as appreciated in Heaven as they were here on Earth and to know that she and my grandfather are finally reunited again is more than comforting to us all.  She missed him terribly and I know there was a great reunion in heaven that day.  Grandma Bass passed away on August 29, 2014 at Twin Rivers nursing home surrounded by her loved ones.  I actually was able to see her that last day and she had been somewhat quiet the entire time my sister and I had been in the room until it came time to leave and as my sister and I each sat next to her on her bed and said our goodbyes she actually seemed to try to talk or make a sound I hadn't heard at all.  I truly believe she knew we were all there and I take great comfort knowing that she knew just how much she was loved!





No comments: