Tuesday, October 21, 2014

B's 4th Birthday Party!!

It's Sofia the First party...just like she asked for but hopefully better!  One thing you must know about my girls they are very matter of fact both of them.  If I ask what they want to be for Halloween or what they want to wear, eat or even do I get an answer and they never waiver or change their minds that is it and that is what we are going to do.  Well when it comes to birthday parties there is no exception...B has been asking for a Sofia The First party for a full year now...keep in mind she really doesn't watch much television at all much less Sofia but that is what she wanted and that is what she got.  If you know me at all than you know that I love original parties, where we come up with a theme and try and make our own party around that theme but with a Sofia party it was going to be a challenge.  See I am not a huge fan of the typical Disney decorations, but you will see I made a few exceptions because to really make my princess feel like Sofia it was the only way.  I did try without any great expenses (love the dollar tree!) to make it feel like a royal celebration for her as well.  I tried to incorporate a few original decorations to the mix of plastic and cardboard that you typically get with "Disney" decorations so we got to comprise on the vision we both had for the day.  She was very specific as to what she wanted to do...per the invitation with the whole swimming idea.  I just knew it would be too cold but in typical princess fashion her wishes were granted and nice 85 degree weather appeared that afternoon so that all the kiddos got to swim.  She also wanted a fashion show for her friends.  This is something that she and her cousins love to do when they get together and she wanted the party to be just like that.  She also had in mind what she wanted on her cake and what candy and "prizes" her friends would take home.  I think at the end of the day this princess's wishes all came true...the smile on her face told me so!  I pray that this princess continues to see those dreams come true and that each day she continues to bring as much happiness to everyone around her that she brings to our lives everyday!  Happy 4th my little princess...
The week before B's birthday party we went to dinner in Hot Springs with friends and the kids made sure to celebrate her birthday right!  Osaka hooked them up with not only a song (and the loud drums, which is their favorite part) but with a huge dessert that had all the kiddos digging in!
A little play date (her very first without mom!) the day before her party.  She had the best time but I can't believe that my girl is getting so big. 
Since "G" had to work on the day of the party she came down the day before and took the girls with Nicki and Pop out for a lunch date.  Big sis made sure that B got the hook up so they went to the Mexican restaurant because that is where they "sing the best birthday song ever"  I think little sis actually enjoyed herself...all this attention is going to make her head swell!!  This birthday is lasting an entire week now and she still has more celebrating to do. 
I think someone was enjoying all the attention!!

 Big sis was just as excited as she was to celebrate.

 Sofia the First making her royal appearance at her party!




 I adorned the table with lots of candy, a chandelier (but too scared to try the real thing) and a candelabra in the center.  Each girls seat had a cup filled with light up bracelets and rings and even a coin purse all put in a Sofia cup.  They also had their very own set of decorations for a crown and wand. The boys also had cups (teenage mutant ninja turtle) filled with goodies but it messed up my table theme so I kept those inside! 


 Three of the prettiest princesses in all the land!
 
B wanted candy to be all over the tables oh and gum so we decorated the tables in all her favorites.


 I went through so many pictures trying to find just the right cake for B and these cake was a combination of all the things I had found that I like on all the others.  I thought All in Good Taste did a great job of making B her very own Sofia and not only was the cake beautiful but it was delicious!!
 The beautiful cake, rosettes and even Sofia's amulet decorated the edges.



 Sofia is (according to my girls) known to be very kind so I tried to find a few Sofia quotes that the girls could recognize.

 As the guest began to arrive we sent them over to the castle grounds for a little scavenger hunt...we were told by a little birdie that jewels were buried deep beneath the ground and that they just might find their own set of pearls or diamond earrings if they looked hard enough.  What do you know they all did just that and were draped in jewels from head to toe!
 B, Olivia and Lila or Sofia, Rapunzel and Elsa!
 After the scavenger hunt the girls all headed over for the tea cup race that was set to begin.  I had two sets of cups and saucers (don't worry all plastic..it is 4 years olds!) and they had to get on two teams and race back and forth to fill up the bowls on the other end...all while wearing heels and gowns.  They did a pretty good job of testing their true princess skills...I think they maybe ready for the ball after all!

 A princess always needs a little help with the gown...those things can really get in the way when it comes time to race!

 All the moms leading a hand to help the girls with their crowns and wands that were placed at each seat to compliments their beautiful gowns of course.

 These two...I would love to have know what they were talking about!
 That girl..sneaking a bite when mom wasn't looking!
 These two Sofias are sure cute...but the one on the right has my vote!!
 One beautiful, HAPPY princess!  (seeing this smile makes my heart so happy!)

 Make a wish...
 After cake, B had one thing that she wanted to do at her party more than anything else.  A style show!  The girls love going to my mom and dads house and putting on a show for them so she wanted to do the same at her party.  I laid out several plastic tablecloths across the concrete.  We put the tent on one end for the girls to gather and each one made their way across the runway.  My dad had brought his bubble machine which was blowing on the girls as they made their way across and AB was on our sound machine calling each girls name out and what she was wearing as they twirled their way down the aisle.  All the parents cheered loudly and the girls smiles were just precious!!  A must say it was my favorite part of the party because for a moment I know each of those girls felt beautiful just like those princesses in the story books!
 B feeling so pretty... just like a princess.  Sofia to be exact!
 Lila's turn on the runaway...
 After there turn on the runaway each princess escaped into the waiting castle for some girl time.

 B and Hallie...she loves this girl so much I hate they are no longer in school together.
 These three make for some kind of lifeguards...not a one of them was looking at the pool!

 Bouncing buddies...safety first at the Bobo house you never know what can happen when you need extra protection on the trampoline.
Unfortunately B was having such a good time she wasn't so happy when mom made her stop to take pictures with everyone...
Lily and B...not sure what happened to the bottom of my picture but still too cute to pass up.
 These three cousins seem to have a good time no matter who is around.
 Most of the crew that helped B celebrate that afternoon.

 Olivia and B..two ole pals.
As always sweet Pop was there for the party.  He has a heart of gold and loves these kids as much as I do so glad he was able to be a part of B's big day.
 All dry and ready to take on the presents after the party.  My four girls...
 Who wouldn't love a life size Olaf to squeeze at night.
 B was pretty excited about the Sofia nightgown Nana found for her!
 A little after party celebration with Nana and Pop at the local Mexican restaurant.
 Just a cute pic of these two girls at a birthday party a few weeks back.
 B even got to have an extended birthday party at school the next day.  Mrs. Betsey went all out for  her with presents, balloons, and cupcakes!  So sweet of her to make my baby feel so special.

 The whole gang...not the best picture but you get the idea.
On a different note...Mitch and I attended an artist for an evening event at the train station and had such a good time.  We painted our very own razorbacks.  The kids will tell you that daddy's is better...which it kinda of was (I must say everyone was a little shocked by my boy's talent including me) but I wouldn't openly say that to him of course.  It was tons of fun..now to find the perfect spot for our dueling razorbacks!

No comments: