Monday, August 11, 2014

Mercy Me...what a fun summer this is going to be!

The summer started off with lots of activities this year.  B made her first trip to Nana's all by herself .  She went to bible school at Nana's church with her cousin Lila and had the best time.  I am so glad these two are so close in age and will get to share so many memories together.  Here is a picture of the first day of school!!

My big girl!!
So cool that they got to hang out with one of my best friends little girl's Sallie!

and baby J.  Little B is so into this baby it is hilarious.  She is already saying she wants to be a mommy and trust me one day (when the time is right) she is going to be a great one!
This is just a random pic I realize but this was our first year to attempt squash and zucchini in our garden and I was so excited to make our first meal from our very own little garden!
That same week was our last t-ball game for the season.  I was sad to see it end but so glad that AB really enjoyed her year this year and look forward to seeing Little B on the field next year.
Love the smile...so proud of herself everytime she got a hit.
The whole crew...love those Pixie Chicks.
Ab getting her metal for a great season finish.
One proud little baller
That weekend we hosted Mercy Me for a concert in Hempstead Hall.  I had the pleasure of getting to hang out with these guys most of the afternoon and they were so nice and absolutely hilarious.  I brought AB to the concert because dad and B were headed to the lake and she got the chance to meet them all.  But what was so cool about the experience was that I had been telling them all about her birthday party the night before and how her favorite movie right now was Frozen and her favorite song from that was Let it Go.  Well, needless to say they all had girls and knew it by heart so that night a couple of them busted out with the lyrics to the song just for her...I hope that is a memory that sticks around with her for a long time...great concert by the way!!  Really awesome if you have never seen them live in concert I highly recommend it!
Afterwards, we spent the weekend on the lake with the Gentry's and as you can see we had a pretty good time tubing around.
Followed by a birthday dinner with Saki at Osaka... he found a way to make it memorable for us all!!
We even caught with Tyce and Grif for a spin on the tube. The whole family has enjoyed the lake so much this summer. I will be so sad to see it come to an end.
My little sweetie all dressed up for library hour with miss aimee.
The next weekend was spent with my friends in Dallas for market.  We always have so much fun...lots of laughs, minus lots of cash always leaves us ready for the next time!
So excited about two of my purchases this time for the girls rooms.  AB chose the love ...
and Brit went with the heart.  They absolutely loved them...lights up their rooms every night.
When we got back on Saturday the girls plus Nana joined me in Hot Springs for the weekend.  We made the trip to Magic Springs (blame the hats all on Nana, I had nothing to do with it!!) 

Love, love to see these girls smile!!
B even worked up the nerves to do the slide all by herself this time.  It is so nice to be able to take advantage of such a fun place right near home.

Unfortunately for me my eldest child needs no help in the bravery section..she had that all covered which is why every year I am forced to do this slide with her.  Those two dots on the right of the photo are us...as you can tell my form is not quite  as good as hers!
The next week the girls enjoyed vacation bible school at Unity Baptist with friends.  Since we were going to be on vacation during our church's vbs I was so glad they got to enjoy this time with friends too.

AB even tried her hands at art this summer during a art party for a friend...
and little sis got to join in on the fun as well!  Quite the masterpiece in the works...
That afternoon the girls and I spent the day with cousin Mason and Max on the lake with friends.  The Lawhon's even had a knee board that AB gave it a try on.  She got up on her first attempt and even made it to stand up on.  I was super impressed and her dad was super jealous to not have been there for it.  This girl is turning into quite the water sport enthusiast (more on that to come)
On Sunday we hosted our sunday school class at our house for a get together and all the kids enjoyed some burgers and pool time.  So thankful to have these get togethers each month with a great group of families from church.  This is the big girls table
and the little girls table.
Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine as much as we are...can't wait to share what's up next our Beach trip 2014!!

No comments: