Monday, March 24, 2014

Busy weekend, dancing and running in the streets!

I just love this picture because these two girls are so excited to be flower girls in there cousins wedding this summer.  I know they are going to be the cutest, bestest flower girls ever!  It was so sweet for my cousin Lindsey to include them in this happy occasion.  We are so excited for Jacob to join the family and even more excited for what the future holds for these two precious people!  So Lindsey "they said YES!'  Come on summer these girls are ready! 
This picture is from an event that I help head up each year for our Kids' College program on our campus in the summers.  It is an awesome program for kids and I know my child in particular waits all year for these two weeks to be a big kid and come to college!  They provide great learning opportunities for kids of all ages and I am so proud to be able to help this program continue.  The fundraiser we did this year was call Beads, Bags, Blue Jeans and Boots. It is put on to help fund the costs of the program along with scholarships for those children that could not otherwise attend.  This year's event was in an old 1940's gym and we had a mechanical bull, caricature artist, band and wonderful food and great live and silent auction items.  My parents came down for the night and I was so proud to have them there to see all the hard work these ladies had done to make this night possible!
That weekend we were some pretty busy folks, especially given the amount of time I had worked on that event leading up to the weekend we were running on lots of caffeine and little sleep.  AB had her very first dance competition that Saturday.  And my goodness, let me tell you that that show "dance mom's" is no joke.  These ladies came ready and those kiddos were sparkling like diamonds with all the makeup and accessories.  I had no idea how serious these competitions could be so I was a bit on edge as the girls took the stage, but they did great.  They even received top honors in all categories!!  They were so proud of themselves and their pretty blue ribbons!!  The theme was "I'm Bad" by Micheal Jackson so here is a few pictures of our little moon walkers.


After the competition we headed straight to Little Rock for the Little Rock Marathon weekend.  The girls and M came along to be my cheering squad.  This was to be my second half marathon!  I actually was pretty proud of myself considering I ran one half marathon, then left the next day to go snow skiing for a week, returned pulled off a major fundraiser on Thursday and ran a second half on Sunday.  I was afraid after the issues with my knees it wasn't going to be pretty but I managed.  Not that I am a speedster anyways so just crossing the finish line was good enough...but I did do it at a pretty good 10 minute pace which is pretty good for slow poke me!  The theme was superheros so B enjoyed all the decorations...this one actually came back to my aunt's house with us and gave her quite a scare when she returned home from Hawaii!!!
The whole running crew and a few spouses!   Most were doing the full and a few of us were doing the half.
(Not very clear pic) but these girls have gotten me through many weeks of training that would not have been possible without there dedication and commitment to crossing that finish line.
Love my little family and so proud to have them there with me!!
The next day at the finish line (after a completely horrible weather start) I had the best cheering squad along with my sister, brother in law and niece waiting on me.  It was a great moment for me!!  I must say that the feeling of doing something I wasn't sure I would have have the time to commit to and all those morning of 5 am runs really paid off! It was definitely EPIC!!

 My cheering crew!!  So sweet to see them standing there when I turned the corner especially given the terrible weather!






The girls got a new table from Nana and Pop and have been so proud to sit at it for every meal these days!  Notice the edameme...it is a favorite at our house!!  Funny how these girls love it so much..
Headed back from Ash Wednesday services and as you can tell I am not a professional selfie girl by the quality of this pic...wish me luck no sodas of any sort for the next 40 days!  It's probably going to be a little tense around my house without my cherry vanilla diet Dr. Peppers!!
This picture was taken at the 2nd annual running of the David Adams Classic at Oaklawn Park.  This is an event that we do each year and all proceeds raised benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  The day starts out at the races and concludes with a nice dinner and entertainment at The Regency in downtown Hot Springs.  This is just one small way we remember David and hopefully make a difference in the future of other patients just like him that deserve a chance for a long and healthy life!  You can see we had lots of friends and family available to present the trophy to the winner..unfortunately my photograph is not very clear but it is always a joy to see David's family and friends continuing to care on his legacy!
These last few pictures were taken when the girls spent the night with my parents one night while M and I hosted the annual fundraiser we do in memory of his late friend David Adams.  I just loved some of these pictures because they remind me of all the things I loved to do as a child and seeing my children get so much enjoyment out of them as well is pretty cool.  I always loved getting to be a big girl and go to the farm with my dad and so do my girls.

Just made me melt seeing this one of Zoe and B....Zoe has been the best dog (minus a few strange quirks, like her persistent screaming each and every time we come home, you would really have to hear it to appreciate it, just ask the neighbors!!) but most of all she loves these girls...


and these are still the dishes my sister and I used years ago to makes some of the best mud pies you have ever seen.  Love how times may change but some things still bring children the same joy that they did years ago...
It's time to SPRING forward and these girls are ready for it!!!

No comments: